Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

The Shula Bowl Televised

Check this out

http://www.lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm

Florida Atlantic at Florida International 6:00 p.m. ERTV *6
Mountain West Game TBA 6:30 p.m. CSTV
Notre Dame at USC 7:00 p.m. ABC (HD)
Boise State at Nevada TBA ESPN or ESPN2
Purdue at Hawaii TBA ESPN or ESPN2
Florida at Florida State TBA TBA
Kentucky at Tennessee TBA TBA
Louisville at Pittsburgh TBA TBA
Mississippi State at Ole Miss TBA TBA
South Carolina at Clemson TBA TBA
Virginia at Virginia Tech TBA TBA
Back to the top

The Shula Bowl Televised

Hmm too bad they got it backwards, you guys are the home team, I hope it is televised though, that would be great and a first for this game

Panthers on the Rise
Back to the top

The Shula Bowl Televised

What is ERTV?
Back to the top

The Shula Bowl Televised

Nevermind. I just figured out it is ESPN Regional TV. I'm glad it will be televised, but I hope that doesn't discourage people from coming to the game and just watch it on TV.

Does anyone know the status of getting all of the road games on TV again? That was great last year, hopefully they'll work something out again.
Back to the top

The Shula Bowl Televised

MaXx it's like a mutual grounds thing and your write a first televised. This could lead into what we all have said, a Florida V. Florida State type rivalry just in the southern part of the state. If this game proves to be a fight to the end, IMO it will just be the beginning for it to be televised each year here after. It will start building up the hype weeks before and it (several years from now) will be one of those games to watch. Both schools are building, both programs are aggressive and the interest from the non Alumni, families related and current fans will begin to spread. People like new they just have to get used to seeing the names in front of them and this could be a excellent jump start to more national markets. Time will tell
Back to the top

The Shula Bowl Televised

I hope you are right, Talon! :)
Back to the top

The Shula Bowl Televised

The Shula Bowl Televised

Fanatic, it will happen but it may take awhile, look at all the variables and the potential this game has. It has a great boost to start it being in South Florida. I kind of looked at this about a year ago and felt strongly about it then. Take a few and think of the marketing, population, area etc and see what you come up with.
Back to the top

The Shula Bowl Televised

Just the attached names alone will have a good baseline for potential growth. Shula and Miami!

I still say that this game will mean a lot in regards to the SunBelt Champion in the not too distanced future. Somebody(the winner of the Belt)have to go through Florida.. 8-)
Back to the top

The Shula Bowl Televised

Hey this is pretty cool they have the Shula Bowl featured in the new NCAA 07 game. I telling you all that this is going to be a huge game in the future. It may be ten years from now but it will grow every year. 8-)

I also picked up Phil Steele's Preseason Mag featuring the SEC and they have included some of the Southern schools from other conferences but have the complete Sun Belt in the edition.

I know everyone is ready to jump off the Sun Belt train at the right time (including me) but wouldn't it be interesting if over the next couple of years it grew to a very respected Conference. Hey it could happen.
Back to the top

The Shula Bowl Televised

There is much to do before moving up in confernces. Like improving facilities.

FAU hasn't even competed in the Sunbelt and everyone is ready to move up. Just like each sport. You have to take it one game at a time. You can't be looking 2 or 3 games down the road and not prepare for the one coming up. When each team at FAU starts in the Sunbelt this year, that will be their focus. When its time to move up, they will.

As stated in the previous post, maybe the Sunbelt will move up in reputation and respect (for football). All it would take is for 2 or 3 teams to become nationaly competative. I would think that would help recruiting for all the other schools in the conference. The Big East only has a few big names left and they are considered a major conference. They need to work on getting Notre Dame to join in football.

I have this feeling, with lackluster facilities, including a crummy municiple stadium and a small tight budget, all of us fans and alumni are going to have to be patient for a while.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top
Control functions: