Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

'06 Sun Belt preview...

SouthernCollegeSports.com just released it's 2006 preview of the Sun Belt….thought you guys might like to check 'er out. It's linked below!

http://SouthernCollegeSports.com
Back to the top

'06 Sun Belt preview...

"The Owls have won just five times over the past two seasons, …"

I'm sick of reading these previews from writers who know nothing and don't do their homework. It's a joke.
Back to the top

'06 Sun Belt preview...

Ditto!

2 wins last year so that would leave only 3 wins in 2004???

Back to the top

'06 Sun Belt preview...

I can't look it up from where I am right now. How many SBC wins did the Owls have in 2004?

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

'06 Sun Belt preview...

I thought of that too. We had 3 in 2004. So that's probably where he got his numbers from. But the article is misleading to say 5 wins over the past 2 seasons, w/o breaking down.
Back to the top

'06 Sun Belt preview...

Apparently JonathanSCS came back and saw the posts. He went back and edited the online article. Now it is more clear although I don't know why he had to include that information. FIU won less than that and it wasn't mentioned.

Back to the top

'06 Sun Belt preview...

His analysis of Arkansas State and ULM has me baffled as well. You can have a solid defense, but if you don't have an offense which neither team will have, then it won't do much for you.

Last season Middle Tennessee had the most experienced defense in the league and we still finished fifth in the Sun Belt with a 4-7 overall record. That was because of the lack of offense.
Back to the top

'06 Sun Belt preview...

I don't know if they think FAU is that bad or they didn't know the schedule addition. No projected wins for FAU. Not even against D1AA So Utah. ;D They are showing a 12 games schedule though. Go figure ??? ::)

These guys can't get their info right. I'm sure FAU is not the only team with mistakes.

Back to the top

'06 Sun Belt preview...

BlueRaiderPride said

His analysis of Arkansas State and ULM has me baffled as well. You can have a solid defense, but if you don't have an offense which neither team will have, then it won't do much for you.

Last season Middle Tennessee had the most experienced defense in the league and we still finished fifth in the Sun Belt with a 4-7 overall record. That was because of the lack of offense.
Good point about the importance of parity on both sides of the ball. Troy has been the best on defense for years. But they couldn't seem to get it going on offense.
Back to the top

'06 Sun Belt preview...

'06 Sun Belt preview...

OK,

Don't anyone think were crazy. The stats and omissions look to be corrected. Now its a 3 way tie for last place.

Back to the top
Control functions: