Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Another Preview Site

This actually was'nt to bad, you be the judge.

http://www.floridafootballrivals.com/floridaatlantic.html

Back to the top

Another Preview Site

I saw this, gotta squint and wear sunglasses to read it. Thats some bright red. 8-)

They have us going 7-5 ??? ::) huh. That the most optimistic prediction I've seen yet. Do they know something we don't.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Another Preview Site

Gotta feeling that they have inside FAU "help" with these articles. That would explain winning ALL of the Sunbelt games plus one of the OOC games.. :o
Back to the top

Another Preview Site

Needed sunglasses to read that for any period of time 8-)

About the only thing you can take from that is the overview of the team in general, us going 7-5 is a very ambitious prediction.
Just the thought of being at .500 at the end of the season would be a major accomplishment, yet an unrealistic one.

Even with all the available talent here in South Florida, we are still in the begginning stages of developing and recruits players to play at the 1A level.

It will more important how the team plays on a weekly bases then how many wins we get by the end of the season. We need to establish better preformances on our home turf and become more consistant with our play. The W's will come, it may not be this year (and that doesn't mean we can't have the SBC Title as a mark), but the intensity needs to be there.
Back to the top

Another Preview Site

I think the one thing that we can all agree on with these preview sites is that they are all terrible. The depths charts are all wrong, they don't know any of the players. This one lists a player no longer on the team as our back-up QB. None of these sites cover the Sun Belt much and FAU even less. I'm glad to get some attention for the program and all, but all of these sites know very little about this team. They can't possibly have a true opinion of the team because, let's face it, none of us on here, the biggest followers of the team, have no clue what to expect from this team yet…At least I know I don't. There are so many questions that have to be answered first.

And yes, the colors on that site are awful. You can't stare at it too long or you risk permanent eye damage.
Back to the top

Another Preview Site

we were ranked 115th last year, I don't think there going to put too much effort into us until we beat somebody besides a sunbelt team or go to a bowl game
Back to the top

Another Preview Site

That is the most unreadable web page I have ever seen. I am going to have a headache for the rest of the day...lol
Back to the top

Another Preview Site

Here's another preview (if it's not already posted somewhere):
http://www.profantasysports.com/easycite/ros.php?PID=2938

8. Florida Atlantic Owls

Projected Record: 0-11

Top Player: OT Nello Faulk

Unfortunately for the Owls, it looks like another long season. The offense will be in rebuilding mode for the second year and any success has to start at quarterback. Sean Clayton played well enough in limited action to bring hope, but Rusty Smith will also battle for time. Receivers are in short supply and top wide out Casey McGahee tore his ACL during the spring, forcing an even bigger need for receivers to emerge. The rushing attack has two backs who could rush for 600 yards or more and the offensive line is very solid.

The defense has been very shaky for the Owls and last year was no different. Opponents scored an average of 31 points against the Owls last year, and there are holes to fill in 2006. The biggest losses were in the secondary, where the Owls lose Lawrence Gordon and Willie Hughley, two solid defensive backs. Linebacker Shomari Earls was also lost and he was one of the conference?s top players at the position. The Owls will also need more production from their front four, or they will be doomed to another paltry defensive showing.

Head coach Howard Schnellenberger has done a nice job of bringing this program up to I-A standards, but they have a long way to go before they can contend for the conference title. Should Clayton perform well at quarterback, the Owls will escape the cellar of the Sun Belt, but a few receivers must also be found. Any defensive improvement will be a plus for this team. Recruiting in Florida makes the Owls a candidate to snag quality recruits each year, but with a shaky defense and an uncertain quarterback situation, the Owls will likely spend 2006 in last place.

Back to the top

Another Preview Site

It says Casey McGahee torn his ACL…is that true? If so, does anyone know how long he'll be out?
Back to the top

Another Preview Site

Another Preview Site

I said it in another post. The defense will do better than predictions this year.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top
Control functions: