Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

so utah

did anyone realize the southern utah game is on a thursday night? there's going to be 4k in the stands….. maybe.
Back to the top

so utah

so utah

More room for me.

Hey Exit…has anyone ever told you your a bit on the negative side.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

so utah

Well I have to admit I'm in the same boat with Exit about this game, and the schedule in general. I think the Oklahoma State game last year proved that we are not a weekday draw yet. Also can't say that I agree with having our first Saturday home game in late October. Think there are a substantial number of fans that can only attend weekend games…

While I understand why we have a loaded non-conference schedule, it certainly is not doing anything to strengthen our fan base down here. I'm concerned that we are going to have only four home games a year until the dome is built…

Call me pessimistic too, but I just feel we overscheduled….
Back to the top

so utah

I think we all agree that this was not the best schedule from the standpoint of filling the stands this year, but I hope everyone on this site has come to realize that there are alot of other factors to the schedule…MONEY being number one, TV exposure, and filling the schedule at the last minute due to NCAA regulations.

We are still in our infancy and have to make compromises to get to where we want to go. I don't expect this site to be a rah rah campaign but pointing out the blatantly obvious isn't exactly necessary either.

I'm getting a nose bleed on my high horse so I'm done.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

so utah

I'm being realistic. I don't feel like reading teddy hutton articles because we averaged 9k fans this year. we have two weekday games. we couldn't bring anyone to ok state, how do you think were going to bring people out to see so utah and monroe?

I don't think the so utah game was worth it. Its not going to turn a profit and its only going to hurt our attendance and our rpi. even when we win the game it will hurt our rpi.

I'm probably being a little negative but I'm just getting really tired of this stadium. its going to kill our program if there's not shovels in the ground by this time next year.
Back to the top

so utah

Exit… I agree with you regarding the stadium situation. If we don't get some good news in Sept. I don't think I'll be able to muster up any more positive crap. This program will be in real trouble if something doesn't get started soon. I've been out promoting this program to everyone I can for the last five years but without some good news in Sept. I think I'm out of steam.

Regard our rpi…does it really matter a this stage? Honest question.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

so utah

i think we can take one of the OCC games this year and it wouldn't surprise me if we won the sunbelt. it resting on the shoulders of our qb situation though. The rpi may not matter but it would be nice to ranked in the top half. We could win every sunbelt game and still be ranked 100.
Back to the top

so utah

There's the positive outlook I needed.

I agree we have a shot a an OCC game…small shot though, and I believe a solid chance at a strong showing in the Sunbelt. I was just telling a co worker the big unkown is the QB.

I'm not really looking at the rpi, even though I do track it, but we need to concentrate on winning the Sun in the next 2 seasons, that has to be the goal.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

so utah

Having a fifth game for the fans was a major reason we have So. Utah on the schedule ( should have been FAMU >:( )

I am not sure we needed a fifth home game, but it is something for the players to look forward to, especially since the majoring of them are from the South Florida area and having the chance to play in front of their family's - playing close to home is one of the reasons some of them are playing here at FAU. So it's more important for the players having this game.

The fan base will continue to grow each year and as far as the Ok. St. game, it was not the big draw the athletic department had hoped it would be, yet attendance for the game was in the same ball park as any other home game.

As long as the fan base continue to grow each and every year will will be OK, the Dome with out question will help the growth the athletic department is looking for.
Back to the top

so utah

ANYTHING on campus with give the athletic dept. the growth it is looking for.
Back to the top
Control functions: