Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Have you seen this?

Have you seen this?

If we do anything this year it will surprise a lot of people.

http://www.justcollegefootball.com/cursun.html
Back to the top

Have you seen this?

Interesting Ranking, but questionable - they rank our WR which are unproven to this point at #4, yet our RB at #7, which I think is more from past preformance, then actual talent at the position.
Don't get me wrong, we do have talented WR, but they must become playmakers.

I think people will be surprise at the productiuon from our running game this year, if we can stay healthy on the line that is.
Back to the top

Have you seen this?

Bytor, I have stayed away from the invitations to make predictions. But I think you're right about the running game. If the OL guys can come together, starting in a couple of weeks, I think there are some possibilities. And, as we all know, if the running game works, the passing game gets a lot easier.

I enjoy reading all the pre-season magazines, But as people have said in earlier posts, I question whether some of the writers have any serious familiarity with the program, incoming freshmen, transfers and weight stats for all.

Clemson is a heck of an opener. The chances of sneaking up in that one aren't all that good. But it might be possible to do something against Kansas State. If we get pasted by Clemson (hope not), the other OOC teams may be looking ahead to subsequent games.

Here are some things to contemplate about the FAU schedule:

Game 1: Clemson's game after hosting FAU will be at Boston College. Looking ahead could be possible for the Tigers.

Game 2: Kansas State's game after FAU is hosting Marshall, which beat the Wildcats last year. Kansas State thinks it should have won that game last year and it could be looking ahead.

Game 3: Oklahoma State plays at Houston after hosting FAU. I doubt that the Cowboys will be looking ahead.

Game 4: South Carolina hosts Auburn, a conference foe, with a short (five-day) preparation week – because the SC-Auburn game is on Thursday. Spurrier could have trouble keeping the Gamecocks focused on FAU. If they aren't beat up from games 1-3 and the OL and DL come together and the QB situation is resolved and if, if, if ….

Game 5: Louisiana-Monroe plays a conference game at Arkansas State after hosting the Owls. Would it look ahead?

Game 6: FAU hosts Southern Utah. The Owls better win this one. The Thuderbirds have a short week (six days) to prepare after playing at McNeese State. The McNeese State trip and the FAU trip with a short week could take a toll. After FAU, Southern Utah has nine days to prepare for a conference game at University of California-Davis.

Game 7: FAU hosts Louisiana-Lafayette, which has two weeks to prepare for its next foe, Middle Tennessee (a conference game). The Rajin' Cajuns will have 11 days to prepare for the Owls, after playing at Houston.

Game 8: The Owls will have 11 days to prepare for Arkansas State, which will be coming off a game hosting North Texas. Arkansas State will play at Auburn a week after facing the Owls.

Game 9: FAU plays at Middle Tennessee, which is coming off a game at Louisiana-Lafayette. Middle Tennessee will play at Arkansas State the following week.

Game 10: FAU hosts Troy, which is coming off a game hosting Louisiana-Lafayette. Troy hosts Arkansas State next.

Game 11: FAU plays at North Texas, which is coming off a game at Louisiana-Lafayette. North Texas next plays its season closer at Louisiana-Monroe.

Game 12: FAU hosts FIU, which is coming off a home game versus Louisiana-Lafayette. FIU closes the next week hosting Troy.
Back to the top

Have you seen this?

The running will definetely be the key to our success on offense this year. With Sanchez back and hopefully someone will step-up to fill the TE position, if that happens, it will help take pressure off of Clayton and if he takes care of the ball we can establish a balance offense which should help take pressure off our young Defense as well.

It will be interesting how our running game will establish itself in those OCC games.
Back to the top

Have you seen this?

we never had a running game so I'm hoping we can control the clock this year. IF we could save a few minutes a quarter by running the ball will have less turnovers and more time for our defense to rest. rather than the three and outs last year. maybe we can get some sacks this year too with a better rested defense.
Back to the top
Control functions: