Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Sun Belt Coaches' Poll -- FAU 7th

The coaches tab the Owls for seventh and FIU for eighth, with Louisiana-Lafayette first:

http://www.sunbeltsports.org/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4100&ATCLID=509981
Back to the top

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/sports/epaper/2006/07/24/0724faufeed.html

Another article

http://fausports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/072406aaa.html

We weren't supposed to win any games last year and we won two. I don't want to get into the woulda shoulda coulda but that 3-0 OT loss to ASU should not have been a loss. We came close to winning 3. The prediction was -0-.

I still say there will be some suprises this year although I don't think it will be at the QB position.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

I agree illinoisowl. We won 2 games and easily could have won 4 at least. We had 2 chances to win the ASU game in regulation but could not hit a FG. The other game we could have won was the game against ULM that we lost in the 4th quarter. If I remember correctly, we had the ball inside the 15 yard line late in the game and Embick threw an INT. We were also tied with Troy at the half and lost that game. I guess this proves two things. One is that these previews are pretty meaningless. And second is that the teams in the Sun Belt are so close right now that any team in the conference can win the title in just about any year and any team can finish last.
Back to the top

I agree totally, FAUOWLS44. These so-called experts who write the previews seem to discount the fact that FAU battled Arkansas State tooth, nail and claw. The games against ULM and Troy were within reach, and there was a time when the game against MTSU was close, before the Blue Raiders pulled away in the fourth quarter. FAU should be competitive with every Sun Belt team, and there is no reason why the Owls don't have a chance to win the championship! GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I was surprised to see FAU picked only 7th place. I think it will be 4th or 5th place. 3 or 4 conference wins seems a reasonable goal. Lets hope the team gets inspired by their prediction.
Back to the top

If they turn it around in just one year after coming through a 2-9 season, recruits will take notice. Especially if some good news comes though about some sort of stadium.

According to the website, the Sept board meeting will be on the 14th.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Above 500 in conference and Sun Belt title next year. There I said it.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

FAU was ahead of Troy 14-7 at the half, after a late TD. I was there and started to get ribbed by FAU fans around me.

Troy scored 21 unanswered points in the second half to put the game away.

Back to the top
Control functions: