Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

YOUR Scheduling Ideas

How would you handle this one as it relates to football?
Back to the top

YOUR Scheduling Ideas

I know Im in the minority on this but I actually like the job they are doing. 4 tough road games and 1 easy home game is what they need to do at this point although hopefully in a few years we can go to 3 road/2 home as our economic situation improves. Moving one game to midweek as long as its on ESPN or ESPN2(as the UL-Lafayette game is) is a good idea for exposure for the program. ESPNU or other networks isnt worth moving the game.
Back to the top

YOUR Scheduling Ideas

Burrowingowl said

I know Im in the minority on this but I actually like the job they are doing. 4 tough road games and 1 easy home game is what they need to do at this point although hopefully in a few years we can go to 3 road/2 home as our economic situation improves. Moving one game to midweek as long as its on ESPN or ESPN2(as the UL-Lafayette game is) is a good idea for exposure for the program. ESPNU or other networks isnt worth moving the game.

I don't think your in the minority on this one. I like the job they are doing also. Next year should be interesting with Kentucky. The kids are getting a chance to play some of the best teams in the country. Everyone knows this is what Howard did at Miami except they were an indy and all 11 of their games were tough.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

YOUR Scheduling Ideas

I have no problem with the scheduling. They have to generate money for the program, and playing 4 tough road games against BCS conference opponents is an easy way to do that until we can generate more money from ticket sales and corporate sponsorships. Of course, at some point, i'd rather see us play against teams we have a chance to compete with. Perhaps, once a stadium plan is in place, we can start to schedule more OOC games against some of the bigger non-BCS conference teams that will be willing to make a return trip. For now, we just have to play these tough opponents and use the games as a good learning tool for the team.
Back to the top

YOUR Scheduling Ideas

YOUR Scheduling Ideas

I think the previous posts are correct. In addition to the payouts, which are essential considering the department's other income, think about this: Few would take note if FAU beat a lower-level BCS team which would agree to a home-and-home set; a lot would take note if the Owls slipped up on a major team at that team's stadium. The AD and head coach charted a good course and they are following it. I support that.
Back to the top

YOUR Scheduling Ideas

As much as I understand the need for money to support the program, I would like to see an easy home game within the first 3 games of the season - this will increase ticket sales for the remainder of the season and perhaps get more fans to away games that are within driving distance. We need to increase fan support which in turn increases revenues and sponsors. Players and fans need to get that [glow=red,2,300]FIRST WIN[/glow] before the second half of the season.

Back to the top

YOUR Scheduling Ideas

Of the first four games, I would hope that no later than the second game we could schedule a game that would be easy to win. That way the local fans won't look five weeks into the schedule for a hopeful first win (I think we have a chance for at least one surprise this year, but most students are probably looking at waiting five weeks for the first win). I would like to see our team only take on two teams for paychecks each year and then the other two games get an easy win one, and for the last one have a mid-tier winnable opponent.
Back to the top
Control functions: