Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU merchandise

Check out these FAU mats at FootballFanatics.com. I've never seen these before but they look pretty cool. Hey, any new official merchandise is a good thing.

http://www.footballfanatics.com/fanstore.taf?cmd=prodsearch&gid=1437&lsid=&_UserReference=C0A86FCE46B7746ADBC12C68B4 D044D7A554

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

FAU merchandise

Well this should be worth at least 200 bucks. Nice find CanadianOwl ;)
Back to the top

FAU merchandise

Dell is now selling neat looking "skins" for its laptops. They will probably catch on, but, of course, you won;t find FAU (or Troy or UCF) as a choice. USF is there, however, along with the predictable schools.

What's it going to take to get our schools' marketing people to be proactive about merchandising?
Back to the top

FAU merchandise

BMarkey said

What's it going to take to get our schools' marketing people to be proactive about merchandising?

Getting more than 4000 fans to a home game :(…But it is good to see some more "stuff" being sold. ;D
Back to the top

FAU merchandise

I'm just happy to see some more official stuff hitting the market. Those mats look pretty sharp.

What do we have to do to get some little Hootie stuffed animals around here? ;)

Back to the top

FAU merchandise

I wonder if they'll have anything decent at FanFest this year?

Last year the offerings were PATHETIC! >:(
Back to the top

FAU merchandise

Yeah, they didnt even have any cool t-shirts last year. I just want to be able to walk into Sports Authority in Boyonton or Boca and be able to find as much, if not more, FAU stuff right next to the Florida, FSU and (sc)UM merch.

Back to the top

FAU merchandise

FAU merchandise

Getting more than 4000 fans to a home game … But it is good to see some more "stuff" being sold.

I realize more fans will bring more merchandise, but …

Some schools with miniscule fan support get merchandise marketed nationally. I believe these schools have outsourced or internal marketers who get to the stores, Web outlets and push, push, push and sell, sell, sell their products!

For example, Alabama A&M has a ringtone available via Cingular. Troy doesn't. FAU doesn't. How friggin' difficult can it be to get to Cingular with an MP3 or digital tone and get it on the Cingular Web site?

I believe some schools want to charge too much for their logos. Schools without much retail presence should all but give away the logo use and drum up sales - then hike their prices. Get those shirts and hats into Wal-Mart, Costco, Sports Authority, etc. FAU goods should be in every sports apparel store in Palm Beach and Broward counties. There are enough students (even the adult grad students) in this region to sell a bunch of items.

The ringtone situation it most frustrating for me.
Back to the top

FAU merchandise

I have to agree with most of you that it is fustrating that more stuff is not made READILY available, especially for the casual fans who can't make a trip to the on campus store. Most fans as impulsive buyers, what they see and like they tend to buy on the spot - only the true hard core fans will actually work (internet, etc ) to find merchandise.

You have to start small, but FAU needs to make a better effort with making mercahdise available, even if it means making the Logos available for FREE, in time you can start charging.
Back to the top

FAU merchandise

Heck, why can't Bank Atlantic, with an office on the campus , have cool FAU ATM cards, credit cards and checks with FAU logos on them. This is cheap advertising for the school and an incentive for students and alum to join their bank. I did mention it to the bank manager, however, FAU and the marketing dept. needs to push the issue !

Back to the top
Control functions: