Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

injuries

it seems alot of starters are getting injured……anybody else getting worried about this? both starting WRs are sidelined, some OL and DL, our TE…….if this keeps happening we'll have a brand new team come season start……

Knee injuries taking toll on Owls' offense

By Ted Hutton
South Florida Sun-Sentinel
Posted August 15 2006

BOCA RATON – Injuries have opened up a few more positions on a Florida Atlantic offense already looking for a new quarterback.

Two projected starters may be lost to knee injuries, coach Howard Schnellenberger said Monday.

LocalLinks

Owls senior offensive lineman Antes Perkins underwent an MRI exam Monday to determine whether his injury is more serious than first thought, and junior tight end Mike Wilds will probably opt for season-ending surgery after experiencing pain in the same knee that he had surgery on after last season.

"Injuries have kept too many players out," Schnellenberger said.

Redshirt freshman Lavoris Williams (6 feet 3, 250 pounds), who is from Fort Lauderdale and played at Dillard, has been practicing in place of Perkins, and sophomore Jason Harmon (6-3, 184) is expected to replace Wilds.

Harmon's only experience has been on special teams, and Williams has not yet played a down.

FAU will have its first scrimmage this afternoon, with freshman Rusty Smith and junior Sean Clayton trying to win the starting quarterback job.

"I see steady progress with both of them," said offensive coordinator and quarterback coach Gary Nord. "I think it is a pretty good battle going."

Nord said they will look for the quarterback who can move the ball consistently and with no errors.

A decision on who will be under center when FAU opens the season at Clemson on Sept. 2 will not come until after Saturday's scrimmage, the last one scheduled for the preseason.

"Sore Loser?!?! Tell you what, show me a Good Loser and I'll SHOW you a LOSER!!!"
Back to the top

injuries

Does anyone know outside of the media how serious the injuries are? This so far is an annual pre-season event. Lose starters to injuries just weeks before the season starts.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

injuries

injuries

Perkin's wasn't perceived to be that serious. Hopefully the MRI is just a precautionary move. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Although Wilds has gotten the media press for the TE spot, I thought it was up for grabs anyway. I didn't see the spot as anyone penciled in as the guaranteed starter as in past seasons.
Back to the top

injuries

Doesn't Dem. Murray have a good shot at TE?

Back to the top

injuries

illinoisowl said

Doesn't Dem. Murray have a good shot at TE?

Unfortunately no. Grades.
Back to the top

injuries

It's always good to see our academic progress people are working hard up there on the second floor of the Oxley. Ok, so our players are smoking pot and not studying, or not even showing up for school as it appears some of our incoming freshman did. This could be a long season…again.
Back to the top

injuries

The FAU web site lists a few injuries. Mostly to OL of all things. Anyone know how serious they are and how long till they can play?

Back to the top
Control functions: