Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

For once a mistake in our favor.

Check out the 2005 record on the bottom.

FAU starters dropping like flies

By Covers.com newswire
Tue, Aug 15, 2006

Florida Atlantic`s starting lineup took a hit Monday.

Owls tight end Mike Wilds opted for season-ending knee surgery, offensive lineman Antes Perkins suffered a knee sprain and awaits MRI results to determine whether his injury is more serious than first thought, and sophomore wide receiver Frantz Simeon hurt his knee throwing a block in scrimmage.

The Owls already lost receiver Casey McGahee for at least the first month of the season. McGahee and Simeon are FAU`s top two returning receivers, who could be sorely missed because the team has yet to decided on a starting quarterback.

Pinnaclesports.com has FAU listed as a 34-point dog in its season opener at Clemson Sept. 2.

Head coach Howard Schnellenberger is growing tired of seeing his projected starters being injured so frequently.

"Injuries have kept too many players out," Schnellenberger told the Palm Beach Post.

Florida Atlantic posted a dismal 3-8 record against the spread in 2005.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

That's 3-8 against the spread Illinois. Neither a mistake, nor in our favor.

Aftercovering the spread in the first game against Kansas, we were horrible the rest of the season. We were even a 1-point favorite against FIU, and we all know how well that one turned out.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Oh well, being an accountant I'm not up on the gambling lingo. I do the research, If I think it will make money I invest. Thats about all the gambling I do.

Back to the top

I'm debating between mutual funds or stocks Illinoisowl. What do you think.. :)

That only good thing about the spreads this year is that because of last season's showing, Vegas won't know what's coming/showing up.
Back to the top

The buzz has been mutual funds for a while for long term investing. Dollar value averaging. You better do your homework before trying it in the stock market or get some help.

If you don't have the stomach for risk, then CDs.

Back to the top

I'm taking the spead against Clemson…friend is a Tiger.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: