Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Practice Updates:

What a nice afternoon to witness the boys play a little football and to hear the thunder of pads hitting each other ;D again.

Ahhhh, yes football is back.

If you guys what to hear sprakling updates to see if we are ready to face Clemson in 21 days :-X

Well not quite that bad, but I feel like I still have many questions as to where we are as a team heading into the season. The running attack of Edgecomb & Pierre that I was hoping would help give us a nice perk on offense, well that thump is rather limp, not what I expected - then again this was the third pratice of the 3-a-Day'ers, so you can't summaries their preformance on only one set of practice or the team for that matter.

Again hard to summaries the QB status on one practice, but if I had to make a decision based on this practice alone then Rusty Smith would be my starter - part of my reasoning on this one is, you have this guy for four years as oppose to Clayton's two years. Clayton has develop since he first became an Owl, yet Smith has shown more development in a shorter period of time. Sure you are throwing a Freshman to the fire, but what better expereince then actual playing time, let the guy take his lumps now - Clayton just has not shown me enough to feel comfortable with him under center and as for Smith, he will make his share of mistakes, yet I get the feeling they won't be as costly as Clayton's. Just MHO. The race is still probably to close to call though.

Overall, there are still many questions that need to be answered by next week Scrimmage game and more preparations to be done for Clemson - lots can happen in those 21 days.

There are certain players (Fr's) that I will be paying close attention to next Sat. that could give this team a nice little lift and I am still waiting for a receiver with the willingness to catch passes up the middle - it's a must in this type of offense, who will step-up?

We are still a very young team.

Go Owls!!

Back to the top

Practice Updates:

Thanks for the update Bytor. I am really anxious to hear some good news about the teams development. I am hoping for a good showing this year. If we win the Sunbelt, that would be great and unexpected but to maybe end up 5-7 or 6-6 would be OK this year. Look out 2007. With Grant eligible in 2007, we will be loaded at QB. I don't know if it is posted on here or not but QB Frank Messina is not returning to play this year.

Keep us who are far from home informed.

The running attack of Edgecomb & Pierre that I was hoping would help give us a nice perk on offense, well that thump is rather limp, not what I expected

I read some old Rivals and Scout articles about Pierre. He was expected to do some big things in college with his speed.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Practice Updates:

This team is unique, it has a lot of potential with some very talented players at every position, and yes the QB position included. We are a very young team across the board and what we will have in 2007 is a team with experience and depth at most positions.

We are now in a position where the QB's need to step-up beyong just being average and IMO Clayton is just that, Smith on the other hand still has room to grow. I wouldn't be surprised if Schnellenber went with the more experience Clayton, which is not a hole lot. Clayton still has a hard time handling snaps at times ???

We need to do better then average 13.5 pts per game and we need to be a more consistant in our running game. Staying healthy will be another factor on how this team will do in the long run of this season - especially after those first four very brutal OCC games.

Back to the top

Practice Updates:

OK, the reason I am posting this is because of the comments Howard made on today's practice 8/14/06. If you remember, spring 2005 he didn't have too many good things to say about the team, period. Look what kind of year they had. He was kind of nuetral with spring. In this one he said:

"The offense did really well today and the defense was trying really hard," said Schnellenberger. "It will make the scrimmage tomorrow more manageable. The offense is taking pride in what they are doing."

If that isn't a good sign then I don't know what is. If Howard said they did well then they must have. :D

http://fausports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/081406aab.html

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Practice Updates:

The potential is there on offense for us to do well and I do believe that we will improve on that average of 13.5 pts per game, however those first four games tends to skew stats as a whole, then again it's not like it made a bid difference last year - we didn't do much better in conference play, 0 pts versus ASU :-X

Back to the top

Practice Updates:

Anyone see the scrimmage today ?
How did they look ?
Back to the top

Practice Updates:

Practice Updates:

Posted a 1st scrimmage thread up top.
Back to the top
Control functions: