Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

IMPORTANT INFO: 15,000 Attendance Rule Updated

Fortunately for us we were not on the list of teams receiving a "courtesy" letter. :o

The rule now says you need to average 15k in attendance OR tickets purchased.

WTF is FAU going to do now that ADT won't be sponsoring as much with the departure of good ol' Mike?

HTF do we do this with the Wed. & Thurs. night games? I'm a fan of the weekday games, but I'd really like to see a plan as who we're going to pull this off.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2006-08-16-attendance-woes_x.htm
Back to the top

I'm sure our "crack" marketing stuff will think of something. NOT.
Back to the top

Regardless of what happens this year, we should pass the mark in 2007 which will be enough. We'll have more fans and home games against Minnesota and USF.
Back to the top

That is something that would be nice to get worked out before the season started - Publix & Ballesterri Realty have covered cost of tickets in the past??
Back to the top

Since you guys didn't get a "courtesy" letter this year, you could plan your big marketing / attendance push for '07 when you *might* have more weekend games (and be an even better team). You've been making considerable progress for such a young program, so hopefully by '07 this situation will just be an afterthought. As a Tiger Fan ;) who used to Co-op in Boca Raton, I'd hate to see you guys get penalized over such a rediculous technicality. I wann see you guys do well (except for this Sept. 2nd, that is).
Back to the top

Lm77 said

Regardless of what happens this year, we should pass the mark in 2007 which will be enough. We'll have more fans and home games against Minnesota and USF.

I can see us pulling more fans in for the USF game, but I don't know about the Gophers. I haven't met many Minnesota alums down here, which is what would help attendance, i.e. USF.

If our marketing staff doesn't get the ball rolling on developing our fan base then we should get the welcome mat out for AA in a few short years.
Back to the top

If Okla. State didn't bring many (and it didn't), forget about Minnesota. Marshall or Troy (with lots of Florida alumni) would probably travel better.

Both games ought to be at Lockhart, or on a temporary campus facility.

Back to the top
Control functions: