Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Sutton out

Add topic

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Sutton out

From Rex's blog.

Question from: JT
I have heard that you are trying to get Jimmie Sutton eligible this coming season. Is there any truth to that rumor? I do know he transferred from another D1 school and that usually requires sitting out a year.

Question from Justin
What's going on with Sutton? Is he going to be playing for FAU? There are a lot of dirty rumors going around.

And update your blog, people want to know what?s going on…..

Response from Head Coach Rex Walters
Florida Atlantic?s basketball program and Jimmie have parted ways. I think Jimmie is a good kid, but I didn't feel that his commitment to the FAU?s basketball program is what it should have been. Jimmie is looking into some junior college programs right now and I wish him nothing but the best in the future and hope he finds what he is looking for.

Sincerely,

Rex Walters
Head Basketball Coach
Florida Atlantic University

Back to the top

Sutton out

Well there you go. It's a shame that it didn't work out, but the team will move on. Can anyone with information explain what really happened?
Back to the top

Sutton out

Hats off to Rex, he and the team need to build and not have disruptions. You either commit and play or go. The fastest way to destroy a team is to have no discipline, re Sid. Time to set the level of play expected by the players for FAU BBall. Just as Howard has done for football. The Athletics at FAU will be better for it and so will the University itself. Time to "Raise the Bar".
Back to the top

Sutton out

Sutton out

illinoisowl said

what was that Aretha Franklin song about respect? ;)
Back to the top

Sutton out

This is from the Sun Sentinal. Sutton must have really stretched Rex to be let go.

SUTTON OFF FAU ROSTER

When Jimmie Sutton decided to transfer from Florida to Florida Atlantic in May, FAU coach Rex Walters said the 6-foot-10 former North Broward Prep star was the "kind of player we need if we want to take steps to become a national power."

But things have changed, and Walters announced Thursday that Sutton, who injured his knee and never played at Florida, is no longer on the FAU roster.

"We have agreed to go our separate ways," Walters said.

Sutton was one of the most recruited players in the state before signing with Florida coming out of high school.

Back to the top

Sutton out

owldaylong said

illinoisowl said

The accuracy of your information is not in question. Its the fact that you only post bad news and negative comments. maybe if you occasionally posted something positive about one of the teams it would balance things out.

Back to the top

Sutton out

illinoisowl said

owldaylong said

The accuracy of your information is not in question. Its the fact that you only post bad news and negative comments. maybe if you occasionally posted something positive about one of the teams it would balance things out.

yes it's true. i'm a part time fan and i see it too.
Back to the top

Sutton out

illinoisowl said

owldaylong said

Negative articles or not illinois, he did have information on Sutton befor everyone else. Everything on this board doesn't have to be (and shouldn't in my opinion) be all happy happy joy joy.

Keep everyone informed and keep posting owldaylong.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Sutton out

I don't look at this as negtive news….if this Sutton kid was gonna be a cancer on the team, then I'm glad he's gone. Rex is setting a precedent here….and a positive one at that. Could you see a certain Mr. Green ever doing something like this? NEG.
Back to the top
Control functions: