Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

So we went to the FAU thing at Tarpon last night..

..and if the turnout is any indication of game attendance….We are in deep sh**! There were more coaches and staff than Owl fans. Last year's event had a large poster outside and the cheerleaders and Coach Schnell showed up. The turnout was much better. I don't remember how I found out about the event…I think it was from O.G's post on here. I certainly don't remember receiving an email about it from FAU. I don't want to slam the marketing department but I just don't understand how they expect to grow the fan base with poor showings like this.
We ended up Chatting with Craig Angelos for a while and we met the new Basketball head coach which was pretty cool. It just kind of feels like we are going backwards instead of forward. I guess the first home game will tell the story. :-/
Back to the top

Our marketing department rules!! NOT

I'm calling it now…..there will be more marching band members than people in the stands at the So. Utah game!
Back to the top

I just don't get it.

Where are the local TV commercials, ads in local newspapers (other than buried in the back of the Post sports section), billboards, mail-outs, e-mails, hat/T-shirt give-aways, ticket give-aways on local radio, press releases sent to local papers (dozens of which blanket the area and would give FAU lots of free P.R.)?

Back to the top

Don't put to much emphasis on attendance of this local social events reflect on actual game time attendance - It is an Owl Club function.

I have been to some of them and they are what they are, then again if nothing is printed in the paper about them you will never get the casual fans interest in showing up for something they do not know is taking place. Should the Alumni be involve promoting these events as well, IMO, YES. If we are going to make head way in building a fan base all Factions involved with FAU should be working together in support of a general causes and in effect each faction will benefit from the exposure that should be created.

There need to exist some form of unity among each groups that represent FAU working together for a common goal. I know that the Alumni's office is trying to do what Athletic is also trying to do - build their support form former Alumni's and should be working closer together instead of fighting each other for supporters, each will draw benefits working to establish comformity. Team work, instead of individual efforts will draws the best results.
Back to the top

I was there too, shammed to admit it.. i went last year and had a great time, but this was rediculous... I was so disappointed....

Peyton
Back to the top
Control functions: