Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Where's Divory?

I was wondering where he was on Saturday and now I know. :( I haven't read this yet on here, sorry if it's been posted elsewhere.

Owls' starting RB will appeal ineligibility
By Marcus Nelson

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Florida Atlantic starting running back DiIvory Edgecomb has been ruled academically ineligible and won't be able to play this season unless he wins an upcoming appeal.

"It's an academic issue with the school about some of my credits," Edgecomb said.

He said he has been told that his appeal has a good chance of being approved.

"We are all pretty much confident I'll be out there," Edgecomb said. "I've talked to my counselors and the academic advisers about it."

FAU coach Howard Schnellenberger also believes Edgecomb will win the appeal.

"He's still a part of the mix because we're confident he'll be eligible," Schnellenberger said.

Edgecomb, a sophomore, was FAU's second-leading rusher last season and was projected to be the starter for the Owls this season.

Schnellenberger said Edgecomb will continue to practice until the issue is resolved. However, Charles Pierre will get most of the work with the first team.

"We're keeping him ready in case he is eligible and then he'll be our starting tailback," Schnellenberger said of Edgecomb. "He has an appeal and we'll know the outcome before the game."

Noteworthy: Friday was the last day of the Owls' three-a-day practices. … Tight end Jason Harmon (hip) and offensive lineman John Rizzo (rib) might miss today's scrimmage. … Clemson earned a No. 18 in the AP poll released Friday and will be the highest-ranked team FAU has faced.
Back to the top

Where's Divory?

yea its unfortunate news, but just waiting on the appeal news, until then i read he would continue practicing

"Sore Loser?!?! Tell you what, show me a Good Loser and I'll SHOW you a LOSER!!!"
Back to the top

Where's Divory?

FAU coach Howard Schnellenberger also believes Edgecomb will win the appeal.

Thats good news. :)

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Where's Divory?

Where's Divory?

Let's hope that he has a strong case for the reversal.
Back to the top

Where's Divory?

According to an article I just read, DiIvory is not going to Clemson. I would think as important as this is they would be a little more hastey with the appeal. I'm not sure what the problem is. I don't think it is grades. Something I read said it had to do with credits. Did he drop a class and end up short on credits? Does anyone know?

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Where's Divory?

well i had talk to him the other day and he said everything was fine.......but we were both busy and i was unable to ask if the appeal had come back or if thats just his hunch.........

"Sore Loser?!?! Tell you what, show me a Good Loser and I'll SHOW you a LOSER!!!"
Back to the top
Control functions: