Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Ladies and Gentlemen.......The OWL Mobile

http://fausports.cstv.com/genrel/082506aaa.html

Its pretty and it should draw some looks.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

I like it!.. 8-)
We're moving in the right directions.
Back to the top

Let me get this right, we are trying to market the program?? I was under the impression we didn't have a marketing team…
Back to the top

Definately a step in the right direction...I like it.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I personally like the idea of a traveling advertisement about the school.

A lot of us, myself included, have made remarks about the Marketing department and how they could/should pump up the interest in FAU. I even started a thread about it a few pages back. Not too many hits and suggestions. The few who did post suggestions on there were pretty good and informative. I don't know if this was one but it's a good one.

Back to the top

What's it for?
Back to the top

I heard that it will be used for general promotions in the area and at special events. Almost like the radio station SUV that cruise around in every city giving out bumper stickers.

Hmmmm that's an idea.
Back to the top

I says in the link what they plan to use it for.
We will see how effective it is. I do like the fact that someone is thinking of new and different ideas. Does anyone know if the van was donated?

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

I don't know about donations.

I wonder how that will work regarding visits to high school games? Is it considered "contact" by the NCAA?
Back to the top

I was at by FAU this weekend and saw the van. Real Nice, they had a 13 match Ultimate Fights on Saturday and it was parked close to the Arena.
I can see it on the road kind of like the radio stations when at a function. If they use there imaginations this van could be a very very useful tool for sending the message of not only the Athletics but Academics, and things that are happening with FAU in general.

But the NCAA point is to be considered for sure, big question mark on that. That is kind of why I mentioned things other than sports. Also, I was thinking more of reaching fans, store openings, Car lot specials, Youth league football, baseball events, stuff like that
Back to the top
Control functions: