Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Article from Florida Today - classless

This was in today's Florida Today. Very tasteless and classless article. Instead of focusing on bringing another program to the state, or his accomplishments this piece of work (a Florida Grad) focuses on negative. Even had to throw in a jab about does anyone know where it is or who they open against. I really don't know what got into his shorts, he usually isn't bad but they usually don't cover much of FAU or FIU.

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060829/COLUMNISTS0306/608290315/1065/SPORTS
Back to the top

I hope Coach accidentally spit on him.
The fact the "newspaper" published it makes the entire organization pretty classless.
Back to the top

Reporters and writers are obsessed with the past. Why do we have to keep on hearing about things that 15-20 years ago? People need to get over it. I care about what is happening now, and in the future for this owls program. I'm sure that writer will know who FAU is when we represent ourselves well against Clemson, not saying we'll win, but i think we will be respectable.
Back to the top

What a sad...sad...sad little man. Do you see where he works. PATHETIC.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I did a quick Google seach on this jerk and he's not even worth another post, nobody takes this guy seriously…he obviously wants to be somebody but doesn't have the slightest amount of talent to accomplish it. Notice how he doesn't give an email to respond to his crap.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

It's a shame that he managed to use Bowden's complimentary quotes against Howard in this article. Everything Bowden said at that press conference was holding Schnell in the highest regard, spin spin spin.

Howard is still a pretty imposing man? Are you serious??? The guy is in his 70s for gods sake! I'd love to bump into this guy in a dark alley.
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

I did a quick Google seach on this jerk and he's not even worth another post, nobody takes this guy seriously…he obviously wants to be somebody but doesn't have the slightest amount of talent to accomplish it. Notice how he doesn't give an email to respond to his crap.

If you want to comment on the article, there is a link called "Story Feedback" which is an email link on the page right of the picture. Its not to the author though.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Looks like he's not a real well liked columnist:

http://www.deadspin.com/sports/peter-kerasotis/

Back to the top

Hey they have a message board I plan on posting a couple of shots at this idiot. He talks about Schnelly but (like Dusky pointed out look where he works. This is like an extension of the U of F's newspaper. They have the right name Florida Today because they don't write much about any6body else. Hell, they have more coverage on what South Carolina and Spurrier are doing than local state schools.
Back to the top

That paper is owned by Gannett, owner of USA Today. Florida Today was the USA Today prototype.

It is bizarre that the writer took the same comments from the same press conference as all the other reporters witnessed and turned it into a nasty means of insulting Howard - all because the coach cut the reporter off.

Hey guy: It's not your job to decide who fields I-A sports teams or snipe at schools that try to better themselves.

Anyone who knows anything about college football would know who FAU plays this weekend. Maybe you don't, and that shows your journalistic incompetence. If your newspaper did its job and properly covered all I-A teams in this state, more people would know abut FAU and where it is.
Back to the top
Control functions: