Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SuN Belt Season Begins Tonight

So who are we rooting for with FIU and Middle Tennessee playing tonight at 7pm? I realize FIU is supposed to be our arch-rival and this may seem wrong, but I truly hope they beat Middle Tennessee tonight and I think they will pull off the upset.
Also UL-Monroe opens with a 1-AA team Alcorn State tonight:
Predictions:
FIU 20,M.Tennessee 17
UL-Monroe 34,Alcorn State 10
Back to the top

i think you have to root for mt it can only hurt recruiting if fiu has a better record than us.
Back to the top

The other way to look at it is we want FIU to be a strong as possible when we beat them. It's a tough choice but I'd rather beat a good FIU with a winning Sunbelt record than a weak team…I'm pulling for FIU…then smoke them at the end of the year.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I agree with you dusky, let FIU win so it looks better when we beat them at the end of the season. Just like I root for Florida State to stay unbeaten every season until they lose to Florida.

… and when Miami plays FSU, I just root for the ground to open up and swallow both teams.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Is the game on TV?
Back to the top

I have to go with FIU for a whole lot of reasons. Especially for our seasonal visitor, BlueRaiderPride.. ;D
Back to the top

Just like I root for Florida State to stay unbeaten every season until they lose to Florida.

… and when Miami plays FSU, I just root for the ground to open up and swallow both teams.

I'm in the same but opposite position as an FSU fan. It's hard to root for the enemy but you have to in the short run for the big payoff.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Too bad it can't end in a tie. I understand the reasons for wanting FIU to win, but I just can't root for them. MTSU is unlikable as well so I am kind of undecided. I think FIU is probably a more talented team, but they are about to face the same situation that FAU faced last year. Inexperience in a number of areas. FIU goes into the game with starting O-line with pretty much zero game experience. If we are doing predictions….I think the FIU defense probably keeps it close, but I think MTSU wins 24-20.
Back to the top

lngbrdr said

Is the game on TV?

I read somewhere that it's on ESPN Regional.
Back to the top

Regards to Owls fans. The game will be aired also on CSS tonight. I am very nervously excited about tonight.

Back to the top
Control functions: