Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Worse than ISU?

According to the K-State fans, FAU is (for a fact) worse than ISU. I guess they don't know the history of FAU and ISU. Good… let them underestimate us so we can overtake them more effectively.

Here is an interesting link to their comments:

http://www.ksufans.com/forums/index.php?topic=3108.0

Owls - we'll be getting that Clemson loss back and sooner rather than later! Keep it up - that out-of-conference win is rearing it's head. Looks like a Wildcat to me. 8-)
Back to the top

FAU Worse than ISU?

You beat ISU, what, 2 years ago? Sorry, that kind of comparison does not hold water for most rational fans.

In the same token, I can say we are a much better team because we soundly beat Florida International last year, who absolutely pounded you guys last year.

I think if you compare the two teams side by side, ISU has more continuity in their program, and more playmakers. They have alot of D1-A transfers who gave us fits. Plus, K-State has nowhere to go but up from last weeks perfomance. I don't think we will blow FAU out, but I think we will win. Look at the thread about us giving you guys 22 points..that is RIDICULOUS. I'd put my money on FAU covering that.
Back to the top

FAU Worse than ISU?

saulbadguy said

Same with FAU, I think your going to find we are alot better than the final score in the Clemson game.

We are both coming off bad games so we both have alot to prove but I think we could surprise you Saturday.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

FAU Worse than ISU?

Anything is possible, but I think our fan base is circling this as a W, and I don't see a problem with that.
Back to the top

FAU Worse than ISU?

FAU Worse than ISU?

saulbadguy said

Anything is possible, but I think our fan base is circling this as a W, and I don't see a problem with that.

That's why we have to play the game.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

FAU Worse than ISU?

I think FAU would beat ISU if the teams played this season.
Back to the top

FAU Worse than ISU?

Well saulbadguy, all I can say is that you better hope that KSU wins… after all you guys have been playing Football since 1913.

It sure would be sad to see you guys lose to a team in its 2nd year of Division 1A football. :'(
Back to the top

FAU Worse than ISU?

saulbadguy said

You beat ISU, what, 2 years ago? Sorry, that kind of comparison does not hold water for most rational fans.

In the same token, I can say we are a much better team because we soundly beat Florida International last year, who absolutely pounded you guys last year.

I think if you compare the two teams side by side, ISU has more continuity in their program, and more playmakers. They have alot of D1-A transfers who gave us fits. Plus, K-State has nowhere to go but up from last weeks perfomance. I don't think we will blow FAU out, but I think we will win. Look at the thread about us giving you guys 22 points..that is RIDICULOUS. I'd put my money on FAU covering that.

I checked the ISU roster. They do have a few D1A transfers. Some look good. Some from the state of Florida. A UM transfer an Ole Miss Transfer and more. I was suprised to see so many. FAU has a whole team of D1A players. We also have transfers from BCS schools like Boston College and Ole Miss.

ISU's OLine looks to be about the same size as FAU's. Their DLine might even be a bit smaller on avg. But we know that doesn't mean everything. Faulk weighs 285 and held an all American DE to 1 solo tackle and 1 assist last Saturday.

Howard will iron out some wrinkles this week. It looks like K-State may not be taking this game very serious. We held our own against UKansas with a bunch of freshman and we'll beat K-State with a bunch of sophmores.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

FAU Worse than ISU?

Im with you IllisnoiseOwl. It seems like K State (at least some fans) are looking past us just after they almost lost to 1aa team. Anyone who watched the clemson game knows that if two or three plays went a different way we would have been looking at a much closer ballgame and a final more like 35-17 or worst case40-20. We completely fell apart after a few letdowns then they shoved it down our throats after we basicallygave up. I dont know about yall but i saw a lot of positives from an extremely young team against a very experienced and highly ranked team. Im sure coach can and will iron out the wrinkles. We gotta go up to Manhatten Kansas and leave their making sure they know the difference between FAU and FIU.
Back to the top
Control functions: