Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Rusty Smith's throwing motion reminds me of...

Back to the top

I've never seen Rusty throw. If he throws anything like the video clip, it reminds me a little of Kenny Stabler.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Rusty's throwing motion is horrible. He looks like he was playing football with a coconut. How was that never a concern for the coaching staff? Was Clayton just that much worse in the pre-season? I can't imagine Rusty having success with a motion that looks like he's delivering papers.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

I don't want to beat this kid up but…like I said in another post, that throwing motion is going to be a problem throughout his career.

I know the coaches know a hell of a lot more than I do but I was shocked when I saw him throw. :o

I also know that the coach wanted to put him back in to regain his confidence since the game was well out of reach but Clayton needs the snaps as well and Rusty was embarrassing for me to explain to people that normally don't see FAU play. If you saw the tag line on the ESPN scoreboard, it was a "laugher".

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Ghost...love the video, scary you remembered that from the movie, you might need to get out more. ;)

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

How can you forget Uncle Rico?

"Back in '82, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile."
Back to the top

I think Rusty controls his throwing in practive but was such a nervous wreck on game day that he just reverted to what ever felt comfortable no matter how inaccurate and unsuccessful...
Back to the top

Remember he was a baseball player but I agree with Boone02 the kid had how much playing time in a real game previous to this game. Clemson can be a little unnerving. He needs to leave the butterflies at home and get back in the game. It will be pretty much up to him but I don't take him as a quieter same with Clayton. These are two good kids that should develop well. That's just my opinion. :)
Back to the top

Man that video is FUNNY! No disrespect to Rusty he settled down at the end and made some ok throws.
Back to the top
Control functions: