Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

How bad is our offense???

On a scale of 1-10(1 being the worst 10 being the best)
Back to the top

There isn't too much doubt, FAU has the least potent offense in D1A.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Our offense sucks. We did run the ball better than we did in the Clemson game. We need to to get the TE's involved in the game. We need to stick with Clayton.
Back to the top

The offense was just bad, plain and simple. The OL played a good game against a much better defense last week. Go figure.

We are going to have to establish more consistant drive if we our going to find any success on offense this year.
Back to the top

They should have stuck with Clayton. You get into a rhythm and that ain't happening if you keep pulling him. Rusty isn't ready yet, give him playing time but stick with Clayton for now. It is like a continuation of last year. How can you have possession for nine minutes and not score, not even a field goal.

One positive is these are non-conference games but they need to start pulling it together.

Back to the top

You will have to decide you will be your starter and give him the majority of the snaps, like you said Talon to give the offense a chance to get in some kind of rythm - same goes for our RB.

FAMU was able to put up 10 points of Miami ???
Back to the top

I agree with you about the QB's. Especially against these non-conference teams, Just let Clayton play and get into a groove. Odds are that the game will be pretty much decided by the 4th quarter and then you can let Smith finish off the game. In the conference games, I would hope that if we are moving the ball and have a chance to win the game that they wouldn't pull Clayton just to get Smith some snaps. I know that they want the backup to be ready to play, but he'll get plenty of time over the next 2 games and hopefully the Sourthern Utah game. Despite how bad the offense has looked to start the year, I think that we will be OK in the Sun Belt games as long as we let Clayton play and develop a feel for working with the receivers.
Back to the top

Did anyone else listen to the K-State radio feed? They compared Rusty's throwing motion to that kid playing in the sandlot game that you WANT to throw the ball. I don't wanna bash the kid, but come on.

This is not a Allen-Enbick situation where your backup is a proven talent. As I remember, Schnelly didn't use the QB flop last season with Embick and Souverain in the non-conference games. Heck, he hardly used Souverain at all.

Leave Clayton in unless (until) the games get out of hand, then put in the backup. Clayton deserves as much.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

I think I heard somethiong about a ninth grader playing. ::)
Back to the top

Hey, but on the defensive side we did make them punt 2 times…. ;'( damn that's not good either…
Back to the top
Control functions: