Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Now do you believe the media?

Illinois State is a better team than FAU.

True or False?

Overall, FAU has the better athletes, but no continuity within the program, and yes, i'll say it, ISU has a much better coaching staff.

Anyways, I hope the Owl fans that made the trip up here had a good time - despite the weather delay. Good luck the rest of the way!
Back to the top

That's a fair asessment of our team.
Back to the top

saulbadguy said

Illinois State is a better team than FAU.

True or False?

Overall, FAU has the better athletes, but no continuity within the program, and yes, i'll say it, ISU has a much better coaching staff.

Anyways, I hope the Owl fans that made the trip up here had a good time - despite the weather delay. Good luck the rest of the way!

continuity, do you mean from season to season? All the starters for the 2004 season were upperclassmen. When they graduated, it left freshman and sophmores and very few starters returning. Please explain.

As far as quality of coaches, how do you make your assessment? Most of these coaches brought FAU to the # 4 D1AA rank in its 3rd year. The same division that ISU plays in. What I mean by most is some of those 2003 coaches are not there anymore. So how did you make your assessment?
FAU also holds the record for earliest D1A victory for a start up program, 22nd game, as a D1AA program. How do you assess that ISU's coaches are not just better but MUCH better?

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

I would say False.
Back to the top

ISU is better period. Look at the compared scores. I know people do not like to hear this, but FAU is looking pretty bad. At this moment in time ISU is better. When FAU made it to the 1-AA semi-finals they were better. However, compare the two teams against a common opponent (not the best way to do things) and we see that ISU was far more competetive. That said, GO OWLS GIVE OKLAHOMA STATE HELL!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Owlfan1, are you still down in Carbondale? We had a few interns here this summer from SIU.

ISU has a few good players this year of which several are from 1A programs. Its was the comment ISU's coaching staff is MUCH better that I took exception to.

SIU ISU two different schools, same letters arranged different.

Back to the top

Illinois Owl,
I am still in Carbondale, but I was out of the country for the past three months. I know the difference between ISU and SIU and I still think ISU is better than FAU at this time. SIU is a different story, I almost think ISU is better than SIU. We will have to wait to see. The coaching comment is a little ridiculous. However, as die-hard an owl fan as I am, I am starting to doubt what this coaching staff is doing and how this program is going to grow. Hopefully we will see some nice results in the SBC that will give us all a little more faith in what the progress of the program. GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

Owlfan,

The ISU, SIU explaination was not for your benefit. I know you know the diff. I was doing it for everyone else. For those that may not be familiar with those school initials, it may have looked like a type-o. ;)

Back to the top

Illinoisowl,
Are you heading down to MTSU this year?

Back to the top

owlfan1 said

Illinoisowl,
Are you heading down to MTSU this year?

I am seriously considering it. It will be the closest game this year. 6 1/2 drive. I would have gone to KSU, but I had to work. Kinda glad it turned out that way.

I would assume if you are still at SIU next year you will be going to Lexington for the Kentucky game.

Back to the top
Control functions: