Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

south carolina

the starting qb was just thrown off the team for being arrested in a bar fight last night.

don't know anything about his backup but it can't hurt.
Back to the top

south carolina

SWEET!!! He got kicked off? I'm gonna find the backup and pick a fight with him this weekend!
Back to the top

south carolina

Is anyone going to this game? This is my 1st FAU Football road trip and I am stoked...
Back to the top

south carolina

Blake Mitchell wasn't kick off the team, he was suspended for Saturday;s game against Wofford. This is from the AP:

"With the arrest and suspension of starting quarterback Blake Mitchell on Wednesday, Steve Spurrier?s Gamecocks are left wondering what direction the already struggling attack will take when they face Wofford on Saturday.

??We?re sort of stinking on offense,?? Spurrier said. ??It?s not all Blake?s fault. It?s not all his fault at all.??

The Gamecocks (1-1) are 99th nationally in total offense this year. They?ve got one touchdown ? and that came on a trick play when receiver Syvelle Newton threw to tailback Cory Boyd.

Mitchell was unlikely to play much anyway this week, Spurrier said, partly because his injured his hand in an 18-0 loss to Georgia last week and partly due to performance.

Mitchell has completed nearly 65 percent of his throws this year. But he had the Gamecocks on Georgia?s 1 with a chance to get back in the game and couldn?t score.

??I think he?s played so-so,?? Spurrier said. ??Not great, not terrible.??

Mitchell?s arrest takes all the guess work away for Spurrier. The coach could look to Newton, a former quarterback, or rising freshman Chris Smelley."

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

south carolina

This is a trip I am still planning on making.
Back to the top

south carolina

I spoke with the alumni office today. This is going to be great! Everyone is meeting at this bar across the street 2 hrs. before the game. The cost is $40.00 per person and it includes: Food, Drinks & Ticket. I decided to make a vacation out of it. My wife & I are staying in Charleston and then renting a car to drive to the game (1 1/2 hrs. away). Hope to see you there.
Back to the top

south carolina

anyone know where the team is staying? or have any recommendations on where to stay? the SC.edu page has some suggestions but if any SC fans read the board and could be of service it would be appreciated.
Back to the top

south carolina

south carolina

Back to the top

south carolina

Just curious, are exit39 and exit121 related? ::)

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

south carolina

Don't think so.

The Treasure Coast Campus of FAU is off of Exit 121 on I-95 .
Back to the top
Control functions: