Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Ok. St. Pregame Thoughts

Ok, since I failed to make my usual pregame thoughts on last weeks Kansa St. game I take full responsibility on how poorly the team played last week :o

Is it just me or did anybody else noticed that Marcus Nelson has been rather quiet this week, maybe he's still trying to recover from witnessing the embarasment from last weeks game :-[ Marcus, the dizeness will soon pass ;D No report from the team walk-thru on Friday.

So, I will take a different angle today on todays game on what needs to happen - scoring a touchdowqn would be nice, but there are more important things that I would like to see from the team. These are the little battles that need to happen if we are going to find success today. The impossible, NO MISTAKES :o
We need to keep the mistakes to a minimum, the players need to stay focus on every play.

If our OL preforms like they did agaisnt Clemson then I can see us having some success moving the ball - we need to do a better job of protecting the ball and give the QB time in the pocket (just a little is all we need). The play calling is not what has been hurting us, but the execution, come on guys get the ball in the hands of the receivers they, let them do the work after the catch (assuming they actually catch the ball ;))

Focus on - only positive yards today boys!!

Defensively, the offense need to help the boys out here. The DL need to keep battling in the trenches and put pressure on the oppossing QB, sacks would be nice, but not neccessary, we need to be in his face all day. Can we slow down the running game, we seem to do fine for a while and just when we have them in a position to force a punt we instead give up a big play ???
Keeping the big plays to a minimum will be key today.
How, many yards we give up is not as important as keeping them out of the end zone, let them kick field goals, oops I mean punts!!

Special team, needs to be special today, to many mistakes that must be elliminated, no excuses. Come on Leroy, you the man.

We do will have our hands full again today, but I would like for us execute better on every play, keep the mistake to a minimum and we should have our chances to make plays happen. We need to come out ready to play from the first snap, preform better in the 1st quarter period, if we can get any points in the 1st quarter that would be a good confidence boost for the guys - the TD's will come if they continue to work hard on every play.

Let's play smart and not beat ourselves - Ok. St. doesn't not need our help.

I like the fact that the players held a player only meeting this week, shows leadership among the veterans players, hopefully the players respond with an more complete and focus effort today.

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

Ok. St. Pregame Thoughts

1-Put in a solid effort in all aspect of the game.

2-Represent well on their (OK State) end of the field.

3-Score some points.
Back to the top

Ok. St. Pregame Thoughts

The defense is mad at the offense and vice versa - let's hope they make up - ON THE FIELD - by showing each other that playing badly is not acceptable !

The offense must stay on the field long enough to give the defense a rest - OK State's offense is very good,our defense will have their hands full.

Keep mistakes to a minimum(this is what is most embarassing ), OL block and receivers catcht the ball - help your quarterback shine today !!

Good Luck Owls
Back to the top

Ok. St. Pregame Thoughts

All I want is:

1. A FRIGGIN TOUCHDOWN!!
2. Stay healthy for the Sun Belt schedule

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Ok. St. Pregame Thoughts

• Don't give up a touchdown on the first play of the game
  • Get at least one first down every quarter
  • Don't get shutout
Back to the top

Ok. St. Pregame Thoughts

Ok. St. Pregame Thoughts

FAUFBL said

The defense is mad at the offense and vice versa - let's hope they make up - ON THE FIELD - by showing each other that playing badly is not acceptable !

The offense must stay on the field long enough to give the defense a rest - OK State's offense is very good,our defense will have their hands full.

Keep mistakes to a minimum(this is what is most embarassing ), OL block and receivers catcht the ball - help your quarterback shine today !!

Good Luck Owls

The team angry at each other. Thats not good. I hope they get past that real soon.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Ok. St. Pregame Thoughts

WIN THE F'ING GAME.
Back to the top

Ok. St. Pregame Thoughts

I think it is a very GOOD thing ! They should believe they can play better.
Here is the link to the article in the Palm Beach Post.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/sports/epaper/2006/09/13/a11c_fau_0913.html
Back to the top

Ok. St. Pregame Thoughts

CanadianOwl said

All I want is…A FRIGGIN TOUCHDOWN!!

Could not agree more. I'm at the point where just scoring will seem like a victory. I'll toast to 63-7 tonight if THE OFFENSE can just get the d@mn ball in the endzone. Notice I said "the offense." A defensive or special teams TD would be great, but I'd really like to see a sustained drive followed by an actual TD.
Back to the top
Control functions: