Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

schnelly refusal to get jc linemen

This is the real problem!!! The other coaches have wanted to get junior college linemen and coach scnellenberger refuses to! So when you have undersized and young linemen you are gonna get killed. We looked better last year only because Embick dodged the pass rush and made things happen!
I remember when kids were working out for the coaches befor there was a team. (We are looking for speed - We can always get big guys!!!!!)WRONG! You can't fly like an eagle if you're a chicken.(owl)
Back to the top

I can't say that I've heard that one yet. There are a lot of coaches who don't like to go the JUCO route. Then there are the coaches who live and die by the JUCO route. The upsides are the learning curve for the youngsters who will play behind them. That will help in the slower development process. The downside is teaching incoming JUCO(Juniors) a new way to play who may have some bad habits from their freshmen year. Then there are the scholarship issues. Do you give it to a guy who's there for 2 years or someone who you will have for 4? The true freshmen recruit.

I can see good arguments from both sides.
Back to the top

The proof is in the pudding. ::)
Back to the top

the pudding will be served over the next two years when our o line has matured...its not ready yet.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

the pudding will be served over the next two years when our o line has matured…its not ready yet.

Bill Cosby couldn't have said it better.. :)
Back to the top

4 year pudding. Sure is tasting like crap now!
Back to the top

What in particular do you feel, is the problem with the O-Line?
Back to the top

I would like to know what and why you have singled out the O-Line which seems to be much better than last year. The protection in the pocket is better. They seem to be opening up holes a little better also. I would tend to lean more to play calling. That being said like O.G. said what particular thing do you feel is the problem?
Back to the top

The OL has been a brigh spot out of all this, compared to previous years.

It could be execution - Clayton has missed open receivers and was 5 of 12, less then 50% completion rate - that is just horrible. Rusty is slightly ahead in completion percentage. Could be a combination of play calling as well?

The running game has been horrible as well and this is something that needs to be fix - period. This is one unit that needs to step-up and help out the offense. And how much of our problem running the ball has to do with the oppossing Defenses - good D's can shut down good?average running games.
Back to the top

The oppositions D will play a part in the success of the running game and blocking assignments. FAU's O-line has improved dramatically over the years. It may very well be more of the style/plays we run at certain down and distance situations.
Back to the top
Control functions: