Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

We're Not last in this poll!!!

8-) I had to post it before they correct or adjust it via Temple Complaints. 8-)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/ncaa/09/19/26-119PowerRankings4/index.html
Back to the top

FIU is not far behind. That interesting.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

They only reward the BCS darlings(ND,USC..etc) on how well they performed on the field even in losses. The 0-3 is all they see for the little guys like us.

If ND would have lost to lower ranked Michigan by 10 or less they probably would still be in the top 5!
Back to the top

I am surprised to see Colorado at 110 and MTSU at 114. I know Colorado stinks this year, but they have to be better than what the poll says. By the way, maybe FAU should have scheduled Colorado this year.

As for MTSU, they are 2-1. That should count for something. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

University of Illinois is 93. They're kind of a joke up here. They beat Eastern Ill, a 1AA. Got blown out by Rutgers and lost to Syracuse. I guess since they are a big 10 they automaticaly get respect even though they aren't good and should be lower. I'm 45 minutes away from Urbana and no one even talks about them.

Whats funny is some seasons they play ISU. Not this one. This is one year I'm sure ISU would love to play them.

Back to the top

U of I is pretty pathetic this year. The moral of the story is BCS teams get respect.

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

I am curious to know… Since University of Colorado is ranked #110, do you think any of there alumni and fans are suggesting they move back down to D-1AA? I highly doubt it…I bet they are all very positive on the fact that they will regain that 1990 National Championship very soon.
Back to the top

SportsLine 119 Poll

116 Florida International

117 Buffalo

118 Florida Atlantic

119 Temple

We are not last, but it is funny that FAU & Temple are both the Owls….

Peyton
Back to the top

#108 Rice is also the Owls.
Back to the top

I think we got spoiled with immediate success in D1AA. We probably could have won the D1AA championship in 2004 had we not been in a probationary period transitioning to 1A.

Rice university is a highly academic college like Vanderbelt, Duke and Northwestern.

Back to the top
Control functions: