Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Spurrier comments about FAU...

if any of you checked out the palm beach post website today there was an interview with Spurrier talking about FAU. He said, "FAU isnt a great team", "they arent a very good team", "if they hear it, they can hear it", "they know they arent a good team"...pretty rough coming from the ole ball coach himself...hopefully our players use this as motivation and at least play competitively...and maybe surprise ole spurrier...
Back to the top

Yep. We saw it already. This came up earlier in the week.

?topic=2540
Back to the top

Who cares about spurrier. He is an ass. i hated him at UF and hate him at SC. There arent that great either. Hopefully the FAU plaers will get some revenge. Hes just pissed he left UF for SC. Plus he knows being in the SEC mean she has to content for recruits against very good football teams. GO Owls!!!!!!!
Back to the top

Man I mustve been drunk when i wrote that. I meant it will be hard for him to contend against the other SEC schools for recruits.
Back to the top

Nothing like being drunk at 9:30am on a Thursday morning ;D

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

We haven't proved otherwise yet. Maybe this week his comments will inspire a few more points.
Back to the top

Like him or hate him, you really can't argue with Spurrier on this one. It's pretty much the same thing we've all been saying for the past couple of weeks. Let's face it, we're not a good team right now.

If the team wants to use Spurrier's comments to help them get fired up, that's great. I hope they do. I'd LOVE to se an upset. But with the way we've been playing, I'm not holding my breath.

But again, what Schnelly is trying to do with the brutal schedule is get the guys ready for our conference games. That's why our season officially starts next week.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

I agree that spurrier is in a way right!! We havent done anything. I just think his comments are uncalled for. Hopefully our guy saw it and maybe it will light a fire in them. Lets hope for an upset!!!

GO OWLS!!!
Back to the top

Despite Spurrier's tendency to speak his mind, he is a good coach. He turned Duke around while he was there. They went to a bowl game. It didn't last though, after he left, Duke returned to normal. His time at UF speaks for itself.
Howard is from the old school. When he speaks of the up coming opponent, he complements everything he can about them.

If Spurrier can send Duke to a D1A bowl, Howard should be able to do the same with FAU.

What the difference though?
Duke has a stadium they call their own!!!!!

Spurrier is what he is. He can be controversial. If he hadn't been as succesful as he has, it would be a differnt story.
I was SOOOO happy to see all those victories against UGA!!!! Quite a few people I met in GA don't like Floridians in general.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top
Control functions: