Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Player questions....

I'm not going to comment about the game as I didn't see (thanks ESPN) or listen to it (well, some of the 1st quarter I did hear), but I will comment on some individual players that I'm concerned about.

Rickey Bethel - is this kid really this bad? He hardly played last year, and now I know why. He couldn't cover an offensive linemen if he had to. I watched the replay of that Clemson game, and the Tigers abused him. I presume he was covering Rice last night, and we saw how well that went. I guess we just have no one else better.

Brad Gagne - what's this kid's deal? He gets benched and now he's not making trips because of "personal reasons"? This doesn't sound like someone we need playing linebacker.

Rusty Smith - how long do we perservere with Uncle Rico? If he continues to stink up the joint, we need to move our 3rd qb up. Why risk throwing away games with this guy?

Back to the top

Player questions....

Rusty Smith - how long do we perservere with Uncle Rico? If he continues to stink up the joint, we need to move our 3rd qb up. Why risk throwing away games with this guy?

The commentators most of us were listening to yesterday did mention his throwing style. They thought the way he had to wind up and release was too slow.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Player questions....

I heard that Gagne has left the team. I hope that it is not true, he is a good LB.
Back to the top

Player questions....

We can't afford to lose a LB - I hope it is not true either.
Back to the top

Player questions....

Player questions....

According to Marcus' column today, Gagne has quit. Way to be a team player, Brad. We'd rather have players who, when they get benched, work harder to get their place on the team back, not quit like a pu$$y. Unless he has a legitimate reason, this is pathetic.

Acevedo tore thumb ligaments during the game and is questionable for Sat. Man, injuries killing us.
Back to the top

Player questions....

I still believe Schnelly is playing a lot of kids in order to shore up the depth chart. This helps alleviate some of the holes left by the injuries. Every game so far this year winning came in second to experience. Time will tell
Back to the top

Player questions....

– Ted Hutton
South Florida Sun-Sentinel
Posted September 25 2006

LB Gagne quits team

Schnellenberger said Sunday that linebacker Brad Gagne has quit the team after being demoted. Gagne, a sophomore, started the first game at middle linebacker but was replaced in the starting job by Frantz Joseph.

Offensive lineman Antes Perkins, who has missed the first four games with a knee injury, has been cleared to play, and starting linebacker Andre Clark, who missed Saturday's game with a shoulder injury, is expected to be back in the lineup.

Starting defensive back Taheem Acevedo tore a ligament in his thumb against South Carolina and is questionable.

I don't get this at all. Gagne I'm sure has been playing football for years. He knows how the system works. Besides, its not like he would never get a chance to play, as much time as the defense has been spending on the field, he would get plenty of playing time.

Back to the top

Player questions....

Anything new on Casey McGahee?
Back to the top

Player questions....

Not that I know of, but the return of Perkins will help immensely.
Back to the top

Player questions....

Any word on Gagne? Did he blow off some steam and reconsider. Did his father kick his butt for making a dumb decision like that? I wonder what the policy is for a scholarship athlete to quit during the semester? Gagne was on scholarship wasn't he? Does he owe FAU football some money?

Back to the top
Control functions: