Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

UL-Monroe favored by 13 1/2 over FAU

I was surprised FAU was such a large underdog in this game. I realize Im very biased for FAU but I just dont think UL-Monroe will beat us by that much. I realize we havent seen much to get excited about so far this year but hearing it said that FAU will be at least a 7 point underdog in every game against D1 opponents this year was a shock.
Back to the top

13 1/2? That is ridiculous. What is this based on? The fact that ULM has 1 win over Alcorn State? I realize that we won't get much respect from the odds makers after 4 blowouts, but at least look at the competition. In their BCS game, ULM lost 41-7 against Alabama. I'm guessing that if they played our OOC games this year, they's have lost just as badly as we did. I didn't expect to be favored in this game, considering it is on the road and the results of our games so far, but 13 1/2 seems way too high.
Back to the top

I'd love to win some money back this season! I hope it bumps up to 21!! They can disrespect me all the way to the bank.
Back to the top

The difference is, ULM has done fairly good on offense, both running & passing the ball - at least much better then FAU has.
I understand that we had some very tough games, yet we still have many answers to find out about this team.

I for one would rather be an underdog, hopefully it helps motivate the players some.
Back to the top

Good point Bytor…

I'm kinda running with the idea out there that these first 4 games were really an extension of pre-season practice, trying out all the players etc…

I hope for this game Schnelly gets serious puts in the right player combinations and whoom! we take off… not spectacular but enough to start winning…
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

13 1/2? That is ridiculous. What is this based on? The fact that ULM has 1 win over Alcorn State? I realize that we won't get much respect from the odds makers after 4 blowouts, but at least look at the competition. In their BCS game, ULM lost 41-7 against Alabama. I'm guessing that if they played our OOC games this year, they's have lost just as badly as we did. I didn't expect to be favored in this game, considering it is on the road and the results of our games so far, but 13 1/2 seems way too high.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you guys get beat by South Carolina by 39 points one week after the Gamecocks struggled to beat 1-AA Wofford? You lost big to some teams that aren't viewed very strong in their conference like Kansas State, Oklahoma State, and South Carolina. The only really good team you played is probably the second or third best team in the ACC, and as the polls show, the ACC is horrible this year.

Alabama is actually pretty good, much better than Kansas State, Oklahoma State, and South Carolina. Vegas is also looking at the fact that ULM almost beat Kansas.

They have a legitimate reason, and to be honest I like ULM to cover that spread with relative ease.
Back to the top

Just to remind everyone. This is the W/L record for University of North Texas the last time they won the Sunbelt in 2004. They lost to a transitional D1AA team (FAU) and still won the Sunbelt. 2004 was a probationary year for FAU as we moved into D1A. We weren't eligible for any D1A bowls or D1AA playoffs. Three of these teams are no longer in the Sunbelt.

If Blueraiderpride were to make the same assessment 2 years ago as UNT began conferernce play he could tell the fans at UNT, you lost to a D1AA team, FAU, you have no chance against any of the Sunbelt teams. He probably wouldn't say that though because we beat MTSU that year too. ;D

The only loss that wasn't severe was the loss against FAU.

University of North Texas 2004:

Sat, Sep 04 Texas at Austin, TX 0 - 65 (L)
Sat, Sep 11 Florida Atlantic Denton, Texas 13 - 20 (L)
Sat, Sep 18 Colorado at Boulder, CO 21 - 52 (L)
Sat, Sep 25 Baylor at Waco, Texas 14 - 37 (L)
Sat, Oct 02 Middle Tennessee Denton, Texas 30 - 21 (W)
Sat, Oct 09 Utah State at Logan, Utah 31 - 23 (W)
Sat, Oct 23 New Mexico State Denton, Texas 36 - 26 (W)
Sat, Oct 30 Louisiana-Monroe Denton, Texas 45 - 30 (W)
Fri, Nov 05 Louisiana-Lafayette at Lafayette, Louisiana 27 - 17 (W)
Sat, Nov 13 Idaho Denton, Texas 51 - 29 (W)
Thu, Nov 18 Arkansas State at Jonesboro, Arkansas 31 - 7 (W)

As OG would say, its any given Saturday. Winning or losing to another team is not dependant on how you did against mutual opponents in prior games.

Pay no attention to Blueraiderpride and he will go away.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

I wonder if BlueRaider saw that "garbage" South Carolina team almost beat a Top 5 last night??? ;)

Yeah, they're really bad!
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

I wonder if BlueRaider saw that "garbage" South Carolina team almost beat a Top 5 last night??? ;)

If you insult him or challenge one of his posts, he keeps coming back. Just a warning.

FYI, looks like Auburn was ranked #2.

Like I said, you can't really predict a game based on how well a team did in prior games. USC struggled against Wofford and made a real game out of it with #2 Auburn.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

TeamBeer said

If you insult him or challenge one of his posts, he keeps coming back. Just a warning.

That sounds like a defeatist attitude, don't want to make him mad :P

This is OUR message board, we can say what we want or feel, who cares what Blue Raider or any other non FAU fan says.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: