Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Use our Weapons

We have some very talented players. Why are we not getting them more touches? Simeon has great speed (Had one pass rec. last game). Harmon has great hands (He does not even start. 2nd on the team in receptions). Holley quick as a cat. (Had one catch. He needs to return kicks)
Back to the top

Use our Weapons

That is a very good question and I agree about Harmon, you would think he would be a favorite target for the QB's.

I am wondering if these first four games where a continuation of srping practice and the coaches where looking to see who can be a play maker for the team. A lot of players have seen action, even the freshmens. I have the feeling that either QB's have done anything to deserve the starting spot - usually a QB finds receivers he feels comfortable with and become their primary receivers - this has not happen so far.

Then again you look at their completion rates which says a lot and for the most part with decent protection.
Back to the top

Use our Weapons

I have a strong feeling this was a continuation of spring practice. Howard has said in more than one interview that he never expected to win any of the 4 games just played. I think he was giving everyone he could some experience and evaluating his players under the most extreme conditions, against BCS schools.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Use our Weapons

Avery Holley was returning kicks and didn't do anything, he lost the job, I think Bartels is a great hard nosed returner. USC avoided him a lot this weekend.
Holley also happens to be 145 pounds, it doesn't help to break tackles when a gust of wind can topple you over.
Back to the top

Use our Weapons

Holley is so skinny it's ridiculous, and he doesn't even look that fast on returns. And how can we really have weapons if we've never really seen them "fire"?
Back to the top

Use our Weapons

Our weapons? ???

I don't think bb-guns can go up against bazookas, cannons and shotguns.

Two touchdowns in four games.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Use our Weapons

Use our Weapons

We don't know what types of weapons we have if we don't take them out and use them. We may have some kids that are very productive. We need to give them more touches during the game.
Back to the top

Use our Weapons

Has anyone seen one of our qb's attempt to throw a ball farther than 15 yards?

I know we've got some speed out there.

Oddly enough, at the USC game, I saw us run a couple of option plays and a handful more QB keepers. Why did we run McKinson out of town if we were gonna start going that direction!
Back to the top

Use our Weapons

I had those same thoughts at the game. McKinson may have scored a few times after watching some of the plays being run. That said

P.S. USC is a class act place and the half time show was very good A salute to the Veterans and Active Military. The cawing was driving me a little nutty though.
Back to the top

Use our Weapons

How about some of those bigger recievers that we recruited?? Conshario Johnson, Cortez Gent, and Chris Bonner..why not try and create some mismatch problems??? I mean those were some of the best recruits we've had to date
Back to the top
Control functions: