Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Name the mascot!

Add topic

Does everyone realize the FAU mascot is referred to as "the FAU mascot"

I read an article in the same UP publication about this.

What the heck shall we name the mascot? Any suggestions?

Al the owl

Burt the burrowing owl

Owlvan the owl

owloysius the owl

Fred

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Name the mascot!

Was it my imagination or did the mascot get a makeover. Thought I saw him on the sidelines at the ULM game with a new head that resembled the new logo.
I vote for Owloysius.
Back to the top

Name the mascot!

The back of his Jersey says Owlsey
Back to the top

Name the mascot!

Can't say I like that name, "Olwsey" :P
If it was a cat, would it be catsey or a dog, dogsey?
Lets use a real mascot. The ISU Red Birds. Nickname; birdsey. NOT!

Back to the top

Name the mascot!

VP Charles Brown to Name our Owl

By: Rhianna Van Burren Northern Campus Editor

Issue date: 10/4/06 Section: MacArthur news

Media Credit: PROVIDED by student affairs

At about noon on Sept. 28, newly hired Vice President of Student Affairs Charles Brown could be seen wandering the halls of Jupiter's SG building. He was accompanied by Joseph Isadore, the Jupiter campus' associate dean of student affairs, as he was introduced to colleagues and campus police officers.

Brown's visit was one stop on a tour of all FAU campuses. Brown says he hopes to show students that he is always open to their ideas. "It's nice to see young people come back as adults to the campus, and their whole perspective on life has changed," Brown said with an excited grin on his face. "That's the joy of this work," Brown said.

Brown was signed into office on Sept. 1, and so far he has been busy speaking with students, getting to know his coworkers, reading school records and coming up with new ideas to help further FAU's development.

FAU is a quickly advancing school, and in 10 years Brown feels that it will be considered on the same level as the University of Florida and Florida State University. He intends to be a part of that progress and plans to stay with the school for "as long as it takes."

Brown would like to build traditions in campus life for the students. He said he wants to create programs where students can volunteer in their fields of study. He would also like to establish an "awards week," which would involve an awards banquet, professional speakers and many other events to celebrate students' accomplishments during the year.

One of the most intriguing traditions would be the naming of FAU's mascot, the owl. Brown has been speaking with students and asked many of them if the owl had a name. Many didn't know, and the ones who did say "no" showed no surprise that their mascot was unnamed.

The UP asked 20 random students on the Jupiter campus if they knew the name of FAU's mascot. 13 out of 20 said, "No, what is it?" The other seven said, "He doesn't have a name." He.

Are all mascots male? This is an interesting notion to include in the scholarship process that Brown would like to create.

He would like to start a scholarship program for naming the owl. The person who names it would receive some form of a reward. Of course, the details have yet to be worked out-after all, Brown has only been in office for a few weeks.

Back to the top

Name the mascot!

illinoisowl said

Are all mascots male? This is an interesting notion to include in the scholarship process that Brown would like to create.

Owlivia
Back to the top

Name the mascot!

Name the mascot!

Olwphelia or Owliver.

Maybe FAU can have both a boy and girl mascot. the girl can show up at the women's events and get pissed at the boy mascot when he come home from the football games drunk.

I'm not sure if its been done before.

Back to the top

Name the mascot!

Well, UF has Albert and Alberta…

Back to the top

Name the mascot!

We should do the same especially since lately, most or all of the conference championships have come from women's sports.

Owlivia and Owliver.

Back to the top

Name the mascot!

The mascot costume is new, I don't like it as much as the last one. Granted it looks like our new logo but it doesn't look like a real owl. I suppose it's a matter of opinion.

It was my understanding that it's name was "Owlzey" though. Here he is talking on his cell phone as we get waxed by SC.

Back to the top
Control functions: