Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Predict the SUU game attendance

It's nearly halfway into the season, which means it's time for the first home game! Will we make it to 15k this year?

For comparison, here's the average attendance for SBC teams (number of home games in parenthesis):

26,265 - Troy (1)
24,554 - MUTS (3)
22,009 - ASU (3)
19,113 - UNT (3)
16,160 - ULM (2)
15,482 - ULL (2)
15,193 - FIU (2)

Last year our actual attendance average was
11476 over four home games (45903 total).

However, we did have the heavily-promoted season opener with OSU last year (I think about 16000 attended).

Given that the game has not been promoted at all on campus so far, the OOC opponent (all the way from Utah!), and the difficulty of attracting people to "home" games at Lockhart it may be a challenge to reach 15000 for this game… but I hope I'm wrong.

Lockhart looks better FULL!
Back to the top

If we get more then 15K, that would be awesome, especially for a Thursday night game.
The fact that it's a home opener helps, but to what extent? I do expect a nice student turn-out and we should be above last years average of 11.5K.

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

Lm77 said

It's nearly halfway into the season, which means it's time for the first home game! Will we make it to 15k this year?

For comparison, here's the average attendance for SBC teams (number of home games in parenthesis):

26,265 - Troy (1)
[glow=red,2,300]24,554 - MUTS (3)[/glow]
22,009 - ASU (3)
19,113 - UNT (3)
16,160 - ULM (2)
15,482 - ULL (2)
15,193 - FIU (2)

Last year our actual attendance average was
11476 over four home games (45903 total).

However, we did have the heavily-promoted season opener with OSU last year (I think about 16000 attended).

Given that the game has not been promoted at all on campus so far, the OOC opponent (all the way from Utah!), and the difficulty of attracting people to "home" games at Lockhart it may be a challenge to reach 15000 for this game… but I hope I'm wrong.

Lockhart looks better FULL!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Back to the top

Last year vs. ULM…

Back to the top

I hope i'm wrong, but i'd guess the crowd will be less than 10,000 in actual attendance, but they'll announce over 15K. That is pretty much standard for the Sun Belt. If you saw the crowd we played in front of against ULM and the 2 home crowds that FIU had, both were nowhere close to 15K. Now that you can announce tickets sold, however, teams claims just around the magical 15,000 number. A weeknight game combined with the I-AA opponent from Utah, I just can't see a crowd of more than 10,000 showing up. If this was a Saturday afternoon, i'd be much more optimistic.

That said, I really hope to see a nice crowd out there, even if it is 8-10,000, that will fill up Lockhart pretty good. We need a big student turnout. I think that the attendance at the ULL game will be much better, being an important conference game and on national TV. Hopefully the students will come out and represent the University well on ESPN2….they should really get the word out about that.
Back to the top

I would agree with fauowls44…I think that there will be less than 10,000 for this game. I would love to see more and hope I'm wrong but just given the opponent and the night I don't see a big crowd there. Now, the following week if its promoted correctly…could see one of our biggest crowds. If FAU can win pretty big this week and show the students that we CAN put quality product on the field, they will come out to watch. Also, its a TV game and hopefully that plays into our hand!!
Back to the top

They need to do some type of promotion on campus to promote the game next wednesday and please do some advertisements and/or promotion to the generally public.

We have to have a minimum of 12-15K in the stands or we'll look pathetic on national TV.

The question is if FAU will do something proactive about it, I'm not holding my breath.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

They need to do some type of promotion on campus to promote the game next wednesday and please do some advertisements and/or promotion to the generally public.

We have to have a minimum of 12-15K in the stands or we'll look pathetic on national TV.

The question is if FAU will do something proactive about it, I'm not holding my breath.

Another "W" should help.

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

I've seen ads in The Palm Beach Post just about every day the past couple weeks. First it was for season tix and the one today was for the home opener.

Did anyone else notice the ad? If you buy 4 tix online you get a free car flag. What the deuce? I've had season tix since Day 1 and I didn't get a free car flag. These are the things they should be sending out to us diehards too. I just love free swag.

And the only attendance prediction I'll make is my group of 8 ticket holders will be there (look for us in LM's picks from last year). And as for the tailgating menu, I'm thinking chicken and steak for the opener.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

I'll miss the first game, but I'll be there for the next. Right now FAU has two fans who will be cheering them on from London. :)
Back to the top
Control functions: