Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

first-ever FAU Football Nationwide Watch Party

Just got the email.

Please join us for the first-ever FAU Football Nationwide Watch Party on Wednesday, October 18th!

From New York to Austin, Chicago to Denver, FAU alumni and friends will come together at the same time in cities across the nation to cheer on the Owls as they host the University of Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin? Cajuns at Lockhart Stadium in Fort Lauderdale. Owl fans will gather on October 18th at 7:30 p.m. EST to watch FAU football live on ESPN2.

While we want to fill Lockhart Stadium to support our team as they play in front of a national TV audience, if you are not in South Florida to watch the Owls in-person, you can still be part of the game at one of the following locations. Or organize your own ?watch party? or tune in at home!

WATCH PARTY LOCATIONS

Philadelphia

Fox & Hound
1501 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
(215)732-8610
Host: Rich Viens ?99

Austin (6:30 p.m. CST)

Plucker?s Wing Factory and Grill
300 Mays Crossing
Round Rock, TX78664
(512)671-9464
Host: Alex Sanchez ?94

New York City

Play by Play Bar
(Inside Madison Square Garden)
4 Pennsylvania Plaza
New York, NY10001
(212)465-5888
Hosts: Bob Garcia ?80 and Erik Kneubuehl ?95

Denver (5:30 p.m. MTT)

ESPN Zone
1187 16th Street
Denver, CO 80202
(303)595-3776
Host: Bob Burdick ?69

Baltimore

ESPN Zone
601 E. Pratt St.
Baltimore, MD21202
(410)685-3776
Hosts: Michelle Lurie ?92 and Howard Lurie ?91

Chicago (6:30 p.m. CST)

ESPN Zone
43 E. Ohio St.
Chicago, IL60611
(312)644-3776
Host: Ari Harper ?05

Orlando

Gator?s Dockside
5142 Dr. Phillips Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32819
(407) 770-6049
Host: Lloyd Osman ?05

Atlanta

ESPN Zone
3030 Peachtree Road
Atlanta, GA30305
(404) 682-3776
Host: Marilyn Johnson ?89

http://fauf.fau.edu/NetCommunity/SSLPage.aspx?&pid=1251&srcid=848

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

I was looking at the host for Denver. Is that grayowl?

Hey grayowl, are you the host for the Denver location? I'm guessing by the grad date from what I remember from prior posts.

Someone has been doing some brainstorming and logistical work. This whole thing took a little effort.

For me, Chicago is 3 hours away on a Wednesday night.

Back to the top

I plead guilty as charged, IllinoisOwl. Come on over.
We have no idea how many people will show up, but I assure you that we'll be loud. My wife (a Texas grad, alas) and I have a room in Denver that night so we won't have to drive home to Colorado Springs (70 miles south) or Breckenridge (80 miles west) after what we hope will be our victory celebration.
At least three other FAU grads from Denver (two of whom are married to FAU grads) have indicated they'll come to the Zone. I have no clue about how many others (if any) the e-mail will unearth.
We're hoping to encourage the group, and more, to attend the FAU basketball game at the University of Denver in January, too.
You're right about this being a logistical challenge for the Alumni Association. Lee Collier deserves huge praise for pulling it off. Watch the Alumni Association web site afterward. I think Lee has arranged to get digital pictures from each location so she can post them.
Back to the top

That's amazing! I almost wish I didn't live in Boca so I could go to one of these.

If you know any Alum in the towns listed about be sure to let them know about it, they might not be receiving the emails from FAU.
Back to the top

That's great, I'll be at the game but it's nice to know our name is getting out. I don't want to be guilty of looking past this first home game against SUU but…the Cajun game should be a great time.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I'll be at the game tomorrow but out of town next Wedneday on business… all be it Bradenton, central Florida… I'm gonna hit the local sports bars up there (sportin my FAU jersey of course) if anyone is in the area and cares to join let me know…
Back to the top

Anyone on this board going to be the most famous arena in the world to watch the game, Madison Square Garden?

I'll be there with some buddies from 02'.
Back to the top

It not about the numbers, especially when you first start something like this, what is important is the individual efforts, like GrayOwl combined with Lee Collier from the Alumni Association that can help grow these watch parties and hopefully they can develop into Booster type of clubs. This can only be made possible from having TV games, even if it means weekday games, the benefits can be huge if the effort is there. It is definetely a step in the right direction as we continue to build our fan base and get former Alumni's to participate no matter where they are.

Kudos to you GrayOwl & Lee and all others involved withtheir efforts making this possible.

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

There is no way of knowing who stops by this board. Hopefully Some alumni, students and fans who haven't heard about this will see this and plan to attend one of the location events.
If you're near Ft Lauderdale, go to the game!!!!

Back to the top

Edit: too eager
Back to the top
Control functions: