Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

University of Miami Board of Directors to Meet

Hearing through the grapevine that the University of Miami Board of Directors is meeting tomorrow to discuss the direction of the football program and how it is being handled.

While it is just merely speculation, there is a belief that there will be announcement by week's end that Larry Coker will be fired.
Back to the top

I would hope there is an announcement of a firing from FIU as well.
That will definitely send a message of Zero Tolerance
Back to the top

Miami could see a firing, but FIU won't. Miami has a history of on the field fighting since last years Peach Bowl. It has become painfully obvious that Coker hasn't done anything to stop his players from brawling on the field.

On the flip side, this is FIUs first time and I believe their last. Strock will discipline his team like Coker never has. He is also much more likely to get rid of the players that were at the center of the action. Strock will stay, but on a short leash. Coker will be gone, if not this week by seasons end. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

I agree Owlfan Coker will go at the end of the season unless of course if anything happens again. Not only Strock but Coker should start canning guys from the teams or at least for the rest of the season of course on the news a few minutes ago they said they would reconvene tomorrow so who knows what is going to continue with this.
Back to the top

Wow, what a weekend! From what I hear, Strock will stay until season's end. Then, most likely, he is gone.
Back to the top

that can only help us with recruiting.
Back to the top

Wow!....I did not think about that. If Strock gets axed under the premise of it being from the UM/FIU game, that can definately turn into a REAL plus for FAU. After all, what player would want to sign onto a team that is in total disarray? GO OWLS!!!!!
Back to the top

This is hopefully the last straw for Coker (it has been stated that the losses were OK since he cleaned up the program). Now that the program doesn't look to cleaned up, I doubt he'll be back next year. I'd say look for Miami to try to get Greg Schiano from Rutgers (he was the first in line when he was at UM with Butch Davis-but after davis assured him he wasn't going pro, Schiano left for Rutgers). Which left Larry Coker highest on the totem pole to replace Davis.
Back to the top
Control functions: