Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Student section moved for UL-L Game

The student section and band will be moved to the visitor sideline for the ULL game to not have shots of empty stands on ESPN2. The sidelines will be closed off to fans.

I think bmarkey brought this point up on another post. I guess someone in the Oxley does read this board.

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

any word on how many tickets where sold? expecting?
Back to the top

Smart move. I've been saying they should do this for years now. It will look much better on TV. There is no reason to have one side of the stadium completely empty. Hopefully enough students show up to fill the sideline and the endzone.
Back to the top

Man, it's nice to see that the powers-that-be listen to us fans! Way to go, FAU!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Now, the students need to spread the word (get it going on My Space and FaceBook!) and get there in force!

More pics at:
http://www.palmswestph…un.exe?showphotos+1000370

… or …

http://tinyurl.com/yewkvu
Back to the top

That will definitely improve the visual image of the game. Nothing is worse than having a nationally televised game with an empty stadium. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Finally someone listened.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Nothing is worse than having a nationally televised game with an empty stadium.

Especially when the game will reportedly be shown in high-def.
Back to the top

FAU should start busing in students to these games, not only for the TV appearance, but also for the off chance that students who don't have the means to travel to Lockhart just might get hooked and do whatever possible to make it out to more games.

Could the alumni do something like this for the students? Any idea what something like this would cost?
Back to the top

They used to arrange for buses the first few years of the program when the team was at the Pro. It ended up being fairly expensive and not many students took advantage of it. If I recall correctly they only ran about 4 or 5 buses filled with students. The total number amounted to at most a few hundred extra kids in the stands. It helps, but it doesn't do anything too dramatic for attendance. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

They do bus in the students I just saw it on the website. They're also serving free carribean tailgate.

FAU hosting Carribbean Tailgate before the FAU Football Game

Free food and music to be provided.

Oct. 17, 2006

BOCA RATON, FL- - Come out for the pre-game Caribbean Tailgate party at Lockhart Stadium. There will be free food from Polo Tropical and great reggae music from the Ark Band! Tailgate starts at 4:30, game starts at 7:30. Need a ride, or want to save on gas money? Buses to the football game leave from the University Center 2 1/2 hours before game time. If you decided to drive, its Free Parking for students with an ID. Come hang out with friends and cheer on the OWLS to another home game victory!

http://fausports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/101706aab.html
Back to the top
Control functions: