Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

OT - Brandon Meriweather

For all of those that think UM isn't doing enough, here is a letter from the team's captain posted over at grassy.

"I wish to express my deepest apologies for the fight that took place in our game against FIU. This apology is unconditional and wholehearted. While I cannot excuse my actions of that night I do wish to explain them.

I was not part of the initial fight that broke out. However, I did see that my teammates more specifically the placeholder were being attacked by the FIU players. At that point I went over the pile so that I could control my teammates and prevent the fight from becoming worse. When I arrived at the pile, I did not use my better judgment and instead of helping the situation, I participated in the fight, much to my regret.

As a team captain, I have come to expect more from myself, and I should have led by example that night. The fact that I did not hurts me more than missing this next game.

Again, I apologize for my teammates and my inexcusable actions and the damage is has caused to our fine university, the ACC and the NCAA.

No one has asked me to write this letter but I feel that I should take action on my own without my coaches' or my parents' urging. As one of the leaders of this team I feel writing this letter and taking full responsibility for my actions and apologizing is extremely important.

Sincerely
Brandon Meriweather"
Back to the top

OT - Brandon Meriweather

Please, what a load of crap.

Maybe we should give him a medal. He needs to be suspended for the rest of the year, PERIOD. This is a joke.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

OT - Brandon Meriweather

OT - Brandon Meriweather

It would be more believable if the letter did not read as if it were written by a lawyer or P.R. person.
Back to the top
Control functions: