Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Pregame Thoughts - FAU vs ULL

I am so late with this, but what the heck, it's never to late to talk football.

Here we are, our first Conference, ok Second game, but first at home against a common opponent in the Ragin Cajuns, which we defeated last year 28-10 on their turf. They are a little upset to have been embarassed at home, with sweet ravage on their mind, FAU by the way was the spoiler that kept them from NO. And we faced a back-up QB last year while Babb (as in Badass) was sitting on the side line. This year we are not as fortunate, Badass get's a shot at us, and the Cajuns mean business.

The defense will have their hands full all night and containment will be key, yet how do you contain a guy that can run, throw and just about do anything with his feet, arm and great vision down field. The defense has shown a weakness in pass coverage & poor tackling, both can spell trouble for the Owls tomorrow night. These guys can move the ball and will create some yardage. The key will be to eliminate BIG PLAYS or at least contain them.

On offense, can we keep up with the Cajuns, if not expect a long night and a 20pts differential. This is a big game and the speed will be at a much higher pace the SUU game. Yes, we have done many great things as of late, yet I am wondering if we can macth-up with ULL. Babb is a great athlete that will be very difficult to stop and contain, I am afraid of giving up big plays that will help define this game.

This game will surely test this team, the question is, have we grown up enough at this point of the season to face a true SBC contender. Even though this is a conference that can be won by just about anyone, are the Owls truely ready?

Lets see how much heart this team has, because it will take every bit of it to bring a W tomorrow. A solid effort and continued progress on all fronts is needed.

My Prediction will be a homer type of prediction, just because I have to believe in the Owls!!

27-24 FAU

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

This was on an on-line news article. Just remember, the program is only six years old. Things like this won't go on forever. As for the confusion, well ::)

Today's Game Plan
Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Slim pickings

This entertaining documentary on the brief time pro soccer flourished in New York – thanks to Pele and the New York Cosmos in the late '70s and early '80s – is certainly a better option than perhaps the single least-attractive college game ever put on ESPN2: Louisiana-Lafayette (3-2, but outscored 145-122) at Florida Atlantic (2-4, outscored 243-48).

No, it's FAU, not Florida International, which was Miami's opponent in last Saturday's Orange Bowl Brawl.

So watch Pele, or watch the Ragin' Cajuns vs. the Owls, and consider how ESPN is showing this game nationally, but rendering Ohio State invisible to most of Ohio's fans on Saturday.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

No matter who plays, Wednesday football provides real fans a nice break midway through the week. I would watch St. Mary's school for the blind play St. Catherine's school for the mentally incapacitated. Anything to get my football fix. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Could you put a link up....Would love to share my thoughts with the author.
Back to the top

I don't know about anyone else but I'm pretty excited about the game tonight. I've never seen the Owls on tv and I haven't seen a game since FAU played Illinois State in Bloomington.

I'm sitting here at my desk watching the clock.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

I know I am excited, a much different feel then last weeks game, the weather has a lot to do with that, but the main thing - this is an important game. A W is always nice, but how the team handles the pressure of facing ULL, the SBC preseason favorites on National TV, what better excitement.

Hopefully the air at Lockhart is full of excitement and the crowd get's into this game early.

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

This is one of the most significant games in our short history. It's our best chance so far to win on national TV. Many people I know are going. It should be a great game.
Back to the top

Put Rusty in !
Can't be worse than Clayton.
The play calling stinks too !
Back to the top
Control functions: