Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Help with trying to get people to the game tonight

I wanted to send an email around my office to hype the game tonight. Do you guys know of any ticket promotions going on that I could tout to help "sell" people on showing up? Any and all suggestions are appreciated.
Back to the top

Interesting…I just went to the Ticketmaster link for the game tonight and it has the "tickets are not currently available"…
Wouldn't it be amazing if the game was sold out! ;D
Back to the top

ESPN2 is what is being sold on campus.

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

Today is a perfect example of why we will have a hard time making the big times. No tickets available on the provided Ticketmaster link and I've called the ticket office 4 times and keep getting a recorded message. I've left a message so we'll see how long it takes for them to get back to me.
They need to make it easier for people to buy tickets the day of the game or our team will never get new fans. >:(
Back to the top

owlcoholic said

Today is a perfect example of why we will have a hard time making the big times. No tickets available on the provided Ticketmaster link and I've called the ticket office 4 times and keep getting a recorded message. I've left a message so we'll see how long it takes for them to get back to me.
They need to make it easier for people to buy tickets the day of the game or our team will never get new fans. >:(

This maybe something you need to notify the University about. If they are scratching their heads about why ticket sales are not what they expected, this may help them.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

I shot an email to Craig Angelos and his assistant to let them know. Still no call back. ???
Back to the top

I agree that they should be better about making tickets available to fans. However, fans can always just get tickets at the gate.

The university has its hands tied by promoting ESPN2. Students might be likely to go to the game because it is televised or they might be more likely to stay at home and watch or hit the local sports bar. It is a difficult situation to be in. Hopefully students will like the opportunity to be on camera and show up in force.

I am sure the game won't be sold out, but it could draw 12,000 - 15,000.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlcoholic said

I shot an email to Craig Angelos and his assistant to let them know. Still no call back. ???

I would call the ticket office, not Craig Angelos.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

owlcoholic said

I would call the ticket office, not Craig Angelos.

He did call the ticket office. Thats his frustration. He's letting the university know there is a problem with the method they chose to sell tickets.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

That is frustrating that you cannot get information. I'm 100% positive that if people go to the stadium tonight they'll be gladly sold tickets. There is no way the game is completely sold out. On event days most times ticketmaster will stop selling so that people will have to go to the venue to purchase tickets.
Back to the top
Control functions: