Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

ULL game thoughts

Great defense.

All the points were scored on bad calls. The interception was not. It hit the ground. It was clearly seen on ESPN's camera which were not the cameras used by the officials. As a matter of fact, the commentators said the reason for the bad review was the review camera on that side of the field wasn't working at the time.

The penalty on Bethel knocking the guy out of bounds was not a late hit. Again, the ESPN cameras showed it to be a legit hit. The ball carrier was still in bounds when Bethel hit him. Both of these bad calls turned into points.

The QB situation this year is bad. The guys can't reach or hit their target. There was a screen set up for Sanchez with NO ONE in front of him but blockers and Clayton hit the ground with the ball.
The only long throws were in the last minute and a half.

Again, great great defense.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

ULL game thoughts

If those two bad calls had been reversed, we might have had a repeat of the ASU game. :P

It probably isn't over. But we did keep the top SBC team out of the end zone. Unfortunatly they kept us out too.

They have a long week to prepare for the next game.

Back to the top

ULL game thoughts

That motion of Rusty Smith's is absolutely horrendous and the cause of that last int/fumble. Even though the offense played horribly FAU should've won this game at the end. You know why corners can break so fast on him cuz it takes him so long to wind up they know where he's throwing it. A guy with quicker release or better accuracy nails hits Simeon on that play.

With the offense stalling all the time I would've liekd to see more trickery maybe a reverse to Holley. And although he didn't get too many yards I was impressed with the drive of Pierre and his ability to stay on his feet.

Defense was fabulous, although in the first half they let ULL create too many long drives rather than stopping them early on.

All in all if the offense doesn't figure something out this season won't be going anywhere. They need to be able to move the ball and put points on the board. I was half expecting an int/fumble recovery for TD b/c I knew offense wouldn't get it done. What a frustrating game.
Back to the top

ULL game thoughts

Yep the defense shined bright tonight - great job guys !!!!
The 2 bad calls would have given us a tie game, but with 5 turnovers and some stupid mistakes, we gave this game away.The most obvious weakness was in the passing game tonite. Would have hoped for a more exciting game on national TV - maybe it was stage fright ???
Back to the top

ULL game thoughts

Thats true about Rusty's wind up. Dan Marino is the best example of a no wind up throw. Rusty is the example of how not to do it. While he's winding up, all the DBs are getting ready.

Back to the top

ULL game thoughts

ULL game thoughts

Maybe next year Clayton will consider TE again. He's a big guy!

Back to the top

ULL game thoughts

I was at the game and haven't heard, was Clayton pulled or was he hurt? He didn't do all that well in the 1st half, but I would have rather had his mobility in there in the red zone.
Back to the top

ULL game thoughts

He was pulled. I was surprised they didn't put him back in towards the end to scramble and possibly create plays. I mean Rusty could hardly hit anybody most of the game either.
Back to the top

ULL game thoughts

stats: They are so close its rediculous.

two bad calls cost the game

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/boxscores/2006/10/18/35020_boxscore.html

For those people at the game, the commentators talked quite a bit about the FIU UM game. That kind of annoyed me. We were no part of it but they used our game time to keep bringing it up on several occasions.

It was great to see the team on TV.

Back to the top

ULL game thoughts

didn't even get 10k at the game
Back to the top
Control functions: