Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

attendance and game watching spots???

How was the game atmosphere? place looked empty as usual. New York City had a descent crew, about 15 faithful, with a large tab.
Back to the top

The atmosphere in the student section was great and it was nearly full (in the beginning). From where I was the stadium looked pretty full, but I guess that wasn't the case. The real measure of attendance will be the weekend games.
Back to the top

Attendance appeared somewhat better than last Thursday, but not much more. Definitely sub 10K.

The atomsphere was OK. Got some people standing up and yelling on defensive 3rd downs, but that took some work. No dirty looks this week though. ;)

Back to the top

According to grayowl, there will be some pictures of the watch parties. I don't know where they will be posted, alum page or football page?

I hope it was a good turn out in all locations. I would almost expect Atlanta might have had a good turn out. I think quite a few alum live there.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

On TV it looked horrible. A lot of empty seats during most plays! :( Very dissapointing. FAU needs the dome, or something to attract students to the games!
Back to the top

The cameras were pointed at the Visitors side which was pretty sparse other than the student and band section. The home side was full at least for the first half but most of the "fans" on the home side were pretty lame with only small groups of loud fans here and there. We got the turn around dirty look from some guys in front of us when we started yelling on the first defensive series and we had to explain to them that it was a football game and not an opera. ::)
I'm glad they were there for the attendance but we could have put cardboard cutouts in their seats and netted the same effect.
Back to the top

What really hurt were the shots of the empty end zones. That couldn't be helped, but the size of the end zone stands sometimes appeared as if they were the sideline stands.

FAU is taking an attendance beating on one of the Sunbelt sites:

http://www.beltboard.com/forum/forum.php

Back to the top

On TV, all they ever showed was the Visitor side and the totally empty endzone which looked like the sideline. I thought it only looked like 3,000 people there. It is nice to hear both sidelines were relatively full.
Back to the top

Five of us showed up at the Denver ESPN Zone. We were small in number, but loud and enthusiastic – competing well against those know-nothings who were in the sports theater to see the Mets beat the Cardinals in Game 6 of the NLCS and the Avalanche down the Maple Leafs. One of our faithful who wanted to come was out of the country on business, so that wiped out him and his wife (both alums). Also, the early time (5:30 p.m. MDT start) and weather (different parts of the metro area got from 3-6 inches of snow the night before) might have been factors. In any case, the beer was cold – and plentiful.

Interesting note: On his way out, a guy stopped at our table. The conversation went something like this:

"FAU – Florida Atlantic, right?"

"Florida Atlantic."

"Thought so. I'm from Pembroke Pines. The people at my table kept asking what 'FAU' was and why they were making so much noise."

"Rather cheer than brawl."

Whatever. We made plans to get together for pizza and beer before the FAU basketball game against the University of Denver on Jan. 18. We're going to introduce one of my favorite old Denver haunts, Spanky's Road House, to some FAU spirit. Spanky's is just down the street from Denver's fraternity row. This could be interesting.

Back to the top

owlcoholic said

We got the turn around dirty look from some guys in front of us when we started yelling on the first defensive series and we had to explain to them that it was a football game and not an opera. ::)
I'm glad they were there for the attendance but we could have put cardboard cutouts in their seats and netted the same effect.

Its funny why some people come to a football game expecting not to participate… before you know it they will be turning around with their finger on their lip saying shhhhh!!!! :o

Anyway, what section was that?
Back to the top
Control functions: