Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Open Letter to the Defense

Dear Defense,

You guys played lights out tonight. Everytime we needed a big play on 3rd down you showed up and did what was needed. Even after momentum draining turnovers, you found it in you to hold the Cajuns from scoring points. The offense truly owes all of you an apology for not keeping you off the field or giving you enough points to put this team away.

I hope that this performance motivates you to play that much harder against the remainder of our schedule. I have faith that you will keep us in all of our games. You guys took your licks earlier against the big boys and stuck it out.

This defense has character and heart.

Every single one of you should be able to sleep easily because I believe as well as many others I spoke to at the game that you guys played your hearts out and left it all out on the field.

Thank you for keeping the team in the game all night. I will be at all of our home games cheering you all on.

DH

GO OWLS!!
Back to the top

I second that !
The defense played with such heart and enthusiasm and it showed on the field.
You should be proud - I am !
Back to the top

I am proud of all of you! What an outstanding performance! Hopefully, you will play as well as you did in this game from here on out!
Back to the top

The defense was outstanding. I was really impressed. They made big play after big play and really kept FAU in the game. During the television broadcast they actually made a mention of the Bears defense with reference to the way the FAU defense was playing last night. The comment basically stated that they were making huge plays late in the game the same way the Bears defense did on Monday night. Pretty high praise.

I feel pretty bad for these guys who played their hearts out and really didn't get any help from the offense. What more can a defense do?? No doubt they did their part. Keep it up and keep your heads up!! GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

I was hoping for a pick 6 all night. That's the only other thing the D could have done, but scoring is not their job.

Even if we did score, our special teams SUCK and would most likely have had the PAT blocked.
Back to the top

Frantz Joseph was all over the place last night. This is his first year playing. He'll be a good one. (Gagne, Gagne who?)

The clothes line defensive play was great. The TV commentators loved it.

We were out quarterbacked (new word) last night. Babb is good.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

The D was awesome. Keep up the good work.

I know Clayton did not look great last night, but he definately gives us a much better chance to win than Smith. I don't understand the thinking of keeping Rusty in the entire 2nd half.
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

We were out quarterbacked (new word) last night. Babb is good.

You're right Illi, Babb is probably the best QB in our conference.

I loved the play by Sincere and Bartels, both of those guys are non stop, and it seems like they're out there every down. the D will be strong next year!
Back to the top

Sigep,

Just a suggestion, you could send your original post on this thread to Nello Faulk. He will probably read it during the taping of the show.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Babb didn't impress me too much. He didn't have a big game through the air and he was mediocre running the option. Maybe it is because our defense played so well, but he didn't impress me. Both offenses looked pretty inept last night. (Probably because of great defensive play) GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: