Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Butch Davis ...the new head football coach of FIU

Add topic

What is FAU's opinion on FIU getting Butch Davis if it is possible.

http://fiuathleticscom.proboards20.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1161636068
Back to the top

Butch is a good coach, GREAT recruiter and ran a solid program at UM. Kinda like Zook at Florida. He also had to follow a coach that won a National title.

And for all the talk from Canes fans that they want him back - they were the ones that pushed him out the door, albeit for the NFL. Does anyone remember the pictures of the banner that flew above the Orange Hole: From National Champs to National Chumps. Thanks Butch!

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

If Butch goes to FIU that would be amazing. However, it is a dream. He can go to a major BCS program and make upwards of $1 million per year, probably closer to $2 million. FIU can never come close to matching that kind of money. It would be great for FIU and the SBC, but it won't happen. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Hey strange things happen and although it may be a very large stretch. One never knows. It would sureput them on the map especially right after the Brawl. That would be some serious news.
Back to the top

I certainly wouldn't rule it out of the realm of possibility. We got Doherty when everyone was saying the same thing about him.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Except for the fact that Davis and Garcia had a falling out in Cleveland.

The BOT at UM may not want Davis back since he assured everyone he would be back in 01 and then bolted days later to the NFL.

The courting of Butch should be interesting.

I'd say HIS top positions would be (in no specific order):

Miami
Alabama
FSU
UNC (stretch)
FIU (stretch as well)
Back to the top

Davis has way too many options other than FIU. The money just won't be there for him. I think the following teams have a shot in the following order.

Miami
Michigan State
FSU
North Carolina
Mississippi State
USF
Temple
FIU

(All of this depends on if coaches get fired. Some are more likely to get fired than others of course)

Back to the top

Funny you mentioned Temple, an established old school with big money and tradition. I have a friend who is an alum and he said lately his name has surfaced a couple of times.
Back to the top

That is why I mentioned Temple. It is an established school with the money to pay the bills and it needs help bad. I don't know if Davis would think about a complete rebuild job like Temple, but despite their losing ways of late they have much more in place than FIU. GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

Can't rule out the 'Bama option also. He publicly told UNC that he was interested but wanted to see what was going on down there.

Michigan State's coach may have just bought himself another year of life with that impressive comeback over Northwestern last weekend.
Back to the top
Control functions: