Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU vs. ASU

Great job owls !!!!
Both the offense and defense showed up today - you dominated this game !!

Great game Corey Smalls !!!!!!!!!!

ASU had only 6 rushing yards - way to go "D" !

I had to listen to the game and the ASU announcers - very classy and said great things about FAU.
We could hear the FAU fans yelling loud !

Back to the top

FAU vs. ASU

Agreed. Great job, guys! After watching BYU hammer Air Force, 33-14, on a beautiful Colorado day, I got home in time to hear the end of Q3 and all of Q4 from the FAU announcers. They were good, but they sounded surprised. With FAU 2-1 in the conference, that 6-0 loss to ULL looms large. Let's see – the defense allowed no TDs today and none last week. That's eight quarters. In the game before that, Southern Utah scored with 4:12 left in Q4. This is a pretty nice streak for keeping opponents out of the end zone….
Back to the top

FAU vs. ASU

MTSU is taking care of ULL. You guys are in the thick of things.
Back to the top

FAU vs. ASU

That was a HUGE win!!! I think we are all a little suprised by the margin of victory. The mighty Owls are right in the middle of the SBC race. Things could get very interesting over the next few weeks. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

FAU vs. ASU

That was probably the biggest win the program's history for a couple of reasons. First, they beat a team that was undefeated in th SBC coming in and are now in good position to control their own destiny. Second, that was the first D-1A victory at Lockhart, a place where for whatever reason the Owls have not played well. It is very important we play well at home since Troy comes in next and we owe them a loss having never beaten them.

This game also sets up a HUGE game next week against MTSU. If our defense plays the way it has the last two weeks, the game against Troy could end up being the game of year in the conference. Let's make it three straight weeks without giving up a TD and beat the Blue Raiders. GO OWLS!!
Back to the top

FAU vs. ASU

FAU vs. ASU

I have to agree 44, that was one exciting football game. The O played very well but the D is unbelievable. Even when a couple of things didn't go right it didn't matter these guys were very focused on this game. 8-)

Great Game - Great Win ;D
Back to the top

FAU vs. ASU

Wow.
I'm sitting here at Lockhart and it is still kind of hard to believe what went on down on the field a few hours ago.
Arkansas State came into the game as the top dogs in the Belt, and left Lockhart battered, bruised and embarrassed, as the Burrowing Birds buried them 27-0.
The Indigenous Peoples had the top offense in the Belt, averaging 338.9 yards a game, and managed 104 against the Owls, just 6 (six) rushing.
It still hasn't sunk in.
It was one of those BIG wins, that let's people know they program has arrived. this is a bunch of sophomores who are only going to be better next year, and already they are knocking around the top teams in the conference.
This Saturday should be very interesting, as the BBs go on the road to face MTSU, which is now the only undefeated team in the Belt at 4-0.

Great piece by Hutton. Look at the stats on their defense and what FAU did to them. Additionally, the piece about them being sophomores and imagining how good they will be for next two years, I am extremely stoked.
Back to the top

FAU vs. ASU

Great win indeed. The defense has made great strides this year which has caught me by surprised - the young bucks are maturing faster which is an indication that the talent is there and developing nicely.

I will let this win soak in some before any talk on the Smurf Puppies.

Go owls!! Great Wins.
Back to the top
Control functions: