Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

The Race is on

I was stunned last night on how this team played, for once this season the offense played with some attitude and totally felt like they where piss-off and had something to prove and they did.

The defense followed a great game with an encore performance that made the original show seem like child's play. This is a group of guys that have matured faster then I ever would have expected or thought possible, they have raised the bar at a very high level and will now be expected to follow thru with repeat performances.

The Good: A big conference win at HOME that keeps our chances for a SBCC alive for another week. And the pressure will continue to get more intense next week against the Smurf Puppies the leaders of the pack and now the favorites to win the conference.

The Bad: I was disappointed in the crowd, especially the students. Injuries to Rizzo & St. Clair.

The Ugly: ATF, the City of FT. Lauderdale police for ruining any chance we had building momentum to increase our fan base. How do you expect for student to show up after pissing them off with the raid the previous two home games, a $200 fine is a lot of cash especially for students and those casual fans that left and probably won't come back because of the alcohol ban in the parking lot - Sure the ban has been lifted, but the damage has been done. This had everything to do with "The BAD", damage control is in order.

Alright enough whining and lets get started in the breaking down the game and scoring the teams play.

OFFENSE (Overall): A

I will give these guys an A not only because of the win, but because of the way they played - with ATTITUDE, which was great to see and missing for the most part all season.

OFFENSE (Passing): B

Clayton wasn't stellar, but didn't have to be. He played solid with one bad pass, which was tipped and intercepted, if he does make the pass, its a big gainer. Harmon dropped two big passes that should have been caught where Clayton made great throws.
We didn't have to rely on the passing game because…..

OFFENSE (Rushing): A

The running game was terrific, the OL did a great job in coming together and putting forth a determined effort allowing the running game to set the tone all night. Great job by Pierre for his best effort of the season - 24 carries for 122 yrds, awesome kid!!

DEFENSE (Overall): A

The defense played a great game, I was worried that the guy would fall flat after last week performance, but brought their A game again. Defenses win championships and will need to continue this stingy type of defense if we are to have a chance at the conference title. They have now raised the bar to a high level that will be expect in every remaining games, can they keep it up? They are playing with attitude and confidence which hopefully will drive them to continue to play at a high level the rest of the way.

Keeping the best rushing attack of the conference to 6 YARDS rushing - enough said.

SPECIAL TEAMS: B+

Big improvement in this area, not only did Leroy found the uprights, but made a career long 41 yarder. Even with one miss FG attempt, the one area that was lacking, suddenly found itself with a solid effort. And lets not forget Bartel 2 returns for 89 yards & his defensive play.

COACHING: A

The game plan was terrific and executed well. My only tiff was the play calling on two series. The first one, we are inside the ASU territory at around the 35 yard line, ASU jumps off side giving FAU a 1 & 5 - why not take a shot at the end zone instead of running the ball, ASU gave us a great opportunity to go for the jugulars, yet we played it safe, its the same series where Clayton was picked for the INT. The other was, again deep in ASU territory, at around the 20, we are 2 and inches, why not take a shot at the endzone again, instead two running plays, minus three yards. When you are given chances like these, we need to do something with them other then the obvious. The play calling was for the most part aggressive and I salute Nord on a very good game plan.

We can't forget some accolande being given to Corey Small for a great game - 3 INT with one being returned 22 yrds for a TD. This defense needed that for the way they have played the past two games. Points by the defense, a nice reward for playing hard.
Back to the top

The Race is on

Great game. The attendance, at this point, is what it is. We'll get there, it is just a slow process.

Once again, it rained all day until just before kickoff. That always hurts. You'd like to see more students out there, but again, being 20 minutes from campus is tough. Still the crowds are noticably bigger than last year, so small steps I guess, and performances like yesterday never hurt!
Back to the top

The Race is on

The Race is on

Yeah the rain was a big factor in attendance. I was ready to have to sit through the game getting poured on, which is why we didn't paint ourselves up for the game. It was an awesome game though, shutting out the sun belt champs.
Back to the top

The Race is on

Bytor I agree with all your grades but one I think the Special teams were a very big shinning spot last night. They kept the pressure on and when #44 Czepiga made a incredible effort to capture the ball on the bad snap for the punt.

Overall I give the team an A. They played with heart and sole and never quit until that final whistle.

When driving back home last night I kept telling my wife what an unbelievable game we just watched. Not because of the win but because they were hitting on all cylinders with minimal errors. They coach's were definitely on the mark for this game. There is a lot of football left this year but I have to say with only loosing about six starters from the whole squad - WOW
Back to the top

The Race is on

Hey Ingbrdr are you the F-A- or U? We didn't see the Blue or Red guys which standout pretty good.
Back to the top

The Race is on

Talon said

Hey Ingbrdr are you the F-A- or U? We didn't see the Blue or Red guys which standout pretty good.

You got me, I'm the A.
Back to the top

The Race is on

A A A A A A A A A A A !!!

We have stunned and shocked the SBC !!! How cool for both the offense and defense to give stellar performances at the same time ! I am especially pleased with the offensive line - how they have stepped up at a moments notice. Sometimes bad things do happen for a reason.

What else can be said for our defense - they deserve a raise !!!! I vote the entire Defense is nominated for the SBC player of the week.

Let's keep the momentum going - let's get and stay healthy, build a BIG bonfire at FAU this week and fly the ashes with the team to MTSU and burn some Raiders !

Any chances of getting this game picked up on TV ?

GO OWLS !!!!

{: > ,,,,,,, continuing on the flight to New Orleans
Back to the top

The Race is on

you have to understand that the students probably would still show up, however……being the last weekend of october…..all of the students find other things of longer tradition than FAU football more appealing such as the Georgia/UF game, halloween horror, bush garden's guavaween and the biggest pull……..fantasy fest…

"Sore Loser?!?! Tell you what, show me a Good Loser and I'll SHOW you a LOSER!!!"
Back to the top

The Race is on

Again, what rain? :)

If people miss games here because of rain, image how many games they would miss at any MAC stadium (38 degrees yesterday at Kent-Ohio).

FAU students and unaffilated sports fans are missing out on a great time at FAU games. It's a shame to see all this effort for 8,000 to 10,000 people.

Great win yesterday!
Back to the top

The Race is on

BMarkey said

It's a shame to see all this effort for 8,000 to 10,000 people.

As long as we can keep winning…the attendence will not be a problem. After all, South Florida is the home of the bandwagon jumpers.
Back to the top
Control functions: