Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Let It Rip

I'm not sure how many of you saw this in Sunday's Palm Beach Post section. It was a letter to the editor on Page 2 of the regular section (not College Football section). I couldn't find it online so I thought I'd post it for you guys to read. It is this kind of narrow-minded BS that bothers me to no end.

I emailed The Post to ask why it was even put in print and have yet to receive a reply. If anyone else would like to voice their opinion, I called The Post and talked to a very nice woman in the sports section who gave me the Executive Sports Editor's email address ([email protected]) and here is the email for the Let It Rip letter to the editor ([email protected]).

FIU and FAU too small for big-time football

There is no rhyme or reason for allowing games between major-league schools and minor-league commuter schools that are little more than overgrown community colleges. FIU and FAU are two prime examples of what happens when ambition outgrows reality.

Not only is it outlandish to stage football games between FIU and Miami or FAU and Florida, it's outlandish that schools such as FIU and FAU even HAVE a football program.

Talk about misspent resources that will NEVER produce any return. And if FAU actually gets approval to build a new 40,000 seat stadium, that would be the ultimate waste. Save the big stadium dreams for legitimate big-league NCAA sports schools.

My advice to FIU and FAU: Get out of the football business. You're in way over your heads, and nobody cares about you teams. Stick with what you do best: Providing a convenient source of education for those who don't have the income or grades to get into a major school.

KURT KELLY
West Palm Beach

… And if anyone here knows Mr. Kelly, all I need is his address >:(

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Let It Rip

Wow!!! Sounds like he has a real axe to grind with FAU and FIU. I wonder if he felt the same way UCF moved up to 1-A or when USF started a program. FAU and FIU will compete in time. GO OWLS!!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Let It Rip

I didn't know that overgrown community colleges schools get Medical Schools, or win contracts with the largest biomedical engineering companies in the world. Kurt really enlightened me.
Back to the top

Let It Rip

I would strongly suggest for nobody to even contact this idiot. It sound very much like he is just trying to stir up some crap. I would not even give him the time of day.
Back to the top

Let It Rip

I would suspect he is a fan of some of the other Florida programs, and doesn't want any new team to grow up….sounds like someone scared of our potential (FIU and FAU), and disguising it with arrogance, full with ignorance of how good these two schools are academically already….

Back to the top

Let It Rip

Actually, I'm more pissed off withe the fact The Post published the letter. The guy has a right to his opinions, however ignorant they are, but for this blatant slap in the face to be published in a newspaper is rediculous.

Plus this line is just wrong:
"Stick with what you do best: Providing a convenient source of education for those who don't have the income or grades to get into a major school."

It makes the paper look bad, and lose some credibility if you ask me.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Let It Rip

What a loser!!! He is definitly worried about us creeping up as the NEW generation of Florida football… he's probably a Miami or Florida State fan… no longer frequent in the top 25… and JEALOUS… he'll be on he FAU band wagon soon… look for his name again when we start winning…
Back to the top

Let It Rip

Well "Kurt Kelly" is either a coward (for using an Alias) or did not have the grades or money to afford to own a house in Palm Beach. ;D ;)

Loser not worth getting angry about…There are trolls everywhere. I would imagine they published it knowing it would get a response so if you plan to respond in kind, stay positive and don't resort to a pissing contest with the dumbass.
Back to the top

Let It Rip

Let It Rip

If anybody happens to know any person who advertises with the post, I would maybe tell them to threaten taking there ad's out of the paper because of that type of reporting. Even if it is any empty threat, it would be nice to have that weasel squirming in his seat :)
Back to the top

Let It Rip

That letter is ignorant and insulting. I can pursue my PhD. at a community college? Obviously, they know nothing about FAU. >:( >:( >:(

I had opportunities to attend the most-recognized institutions (on full scholarship), and chose FAU because it was the best fit for my research goals. Only a fool would choose a school based on the quality of their sports teams.

Mr. Kelly should visit my lab (or any of the many others) and read our publications before he writes about something he has no knowledge about.
Back to the top
Control functions: