Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU vs Florida Tech

Add topic

The Owls defeated Florida Tech tonight. At least they were up by 18 with 5 minutes left. Had to rush home to see Grays Anatomy. Pretty good turnout for a exhibition game. New guy, Alarcon, looked pretty good. I'm incouraged, we returned a lot of guys from last year. Crews, Monroe, and Anderson all played well. Should be a piece on Channel 5 tonight. Jay Gilmore was there doing his own camera work.
Back to the top

FAU vs Florida Tech

I think it was mentioned in another thread. But FAU only dressed 7 players against Florida Tech and still came away with a nice exhibition W. Not too shabby
Back to the top

FAU vs Florida Tech

FAU vs Florida Tech

The team played a very high tempo game, very quick with the transition game. The defense was a little weak at the begginning, but started to improve as the game went along.

We do miss having a true center with size, hopefully next year we can recruite one.

Other then that, compared to last years exhibition where only about 40 people shown up, last night I would estimate the crowd at about 800 plus. As always the band did a great job.
Back to the top

FAU vs Florida Tech

I'm sure there would have been more last night but they were having a rap concert on campus at the same time.
Back to the top

FAU vs Florida Tech

Well we know that Rice didn't play because he has been suspended indefinately, but why did we only dress 7 players? No Perkins or Sanchez or Kone? The Palm Beach Post mentioned we were limited by injuries, but they didn't say who was hurt or how bad. Anyone have any news on this? Hopefully we have a more complete roster next week when the games begin to count.
Back to the top

FAU vs Florida Tech

The guys that didn't dress were on the bench and no one looked seriously injured.

I spoke to DeAndre after the game and he said he would be suspended for 2 to 3 weeks, I wonder if he's been hanging out with ACH…

I was surprised that only 8 guys got to dress tonight too, but they seemed to do pretty well with such a short bench. Alarcon looked good once he got acclimated to the court, same goes for most of the team actually, we looked pretty rusty in the begining but really started moving up and down the court well in the second half. Parmer looked pretty good too, later on in the game anyway, he made a few mistakes in the first half as well. Overall good game by the Owls. I liked to see Rexy get a little fired up on the sidelines as well, he didn't blow his top like Doh used to but the passion is still there. The guys seem to really like him too.

I was disappointed that we didn't get to see Florida Tech's Goliath on the court, he was at the game, you couldn't miss him! 7'7'' is big!
Back to the top

FAU vs Florida Tech

And it was great to see a bunch of the football players at the at the game too! Nello and Bartels were hanging out with some other guys.
Back to the top

FAU vs Florida Tech

Does anyone know what happened to Tavaris Harris from PBCC? He verbaled but I don't see him on the roster.
Back to the top

FAU vs Florida Tech

he never graduated. he should join the team in late december after he finishes up at PBCC.

2-3 weeks for Rice? That sucks big time. I really wanted to have a solid nonconference this year. its going to be tough with all these injuries and non eligble players.
Back to the top

FAU vs Florida Tech

the ideal lineup would've been:
Monroe
Rice
Parmer
Harris
and a floater, maybe one of the new bigger guys like kone

With the guys coming off the bench it would've been solid.
Back to the top
Control functions: