Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Next Head Coach??

Now we all love Howard Schnellenberger... but who would you like to see as the next head coach of our program.... this should be interesting!
Back to the top

Next Head Coach??

Next Head Coach??

It is hard to say. Health permitting, I would expect Howard to be coaching another 3-5 years. I'm sure that he is looking at coaching at least the 1st season in the new on-campus facility(that i'm sure will have his name on it). So there is no way of knowing who the coaching candidates will be at that point.
Back to the top

Next Head Coach??

I agree…

but if it were right now, a guylike Burch davis would be nice…at this point it is too diffcult to call…like 44 said, its a few years away…and alot should shake up by then…

I dont know about the naming rights though…they didnt name the stadium in Louisville after him…they did give his name to a portion of it though i believe…
Back to the top

Next Head Coach??

Though he didnt have much success at MSU...John L. Smith would be my choice!
Back to the top

Next Head Coach??

playing in Michigan's sahdow is not easy from what i have heard from alot of Spartan's fans…unless it's men's hoops…

but, he is 58…shouldn't we go after a young buck…like UF did recently…and before that as well in Spurrier…get a guy who is flourishing at a different level and bring him in…like OSU did with Jim Tressel…although he was a little bit older at the time at 49…
Back to the top

Next Head Coach??

And I'd hate to lose him….but it is inevitable.

MT's Manny Diaz……. I need not explain his Florida connections.

Helluva great public speaker, young guy–33?, and the ladies love him, not to mention his coaching abilities.
Back to the top

Next Head Coach??

Dont think he's "seasoned" enough yet…

Tressel had four national championships at the D1AA level…then he went right to OSU and won the national championship…not knocking your boy (his background is impressive), but thats kinda what i was referring to…
Back to the top

Next Head Coach??

Who is the present coach at Appalachian State?
Back to the top

Next Head Coach??

My choice would be Howard Schnellenberger. :)
Back to the top

Next Head Coach??

Florida_Owl said

Dont think he's "seasoned" enough yet…

Tressel had four national championships at the D1AA level…then he went right to OSU and won the national championship…not knocking your boy (his background is impressive), but thats kinda what i was referring to…

Yeah, but I was thinking 4 or 5 years down the road. I think Manny will have a head coaching job by that time. I would not be surprised to see him leave after this year. I hope we can keep him, though. His Florida connections are invaluable to us.
Back to the top
Control functions: