Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

The Youth

Here is an interesting stat:

The teams breakdown of upper & lower classmen:

LowerClassmen - 79%
UpperClassmen - 21%

:o
Back to the top

The Youth

Do you know if the 21% includes redshirts that are academic Juniors but redshirt sophmores.
Back to the top

The Youth

You have to makes things difficult don't you Talon ;)

I counted the Reshirt year as the listed academic years, so in effect the percentage could be off by 1 or 2 % in favor of the Lower Classmen ( 80-81% range).

It's an amazing number and clearly indicates the youth on the team and what is to come.
Back to the top

The Youth

That is amazing. This team has a great chance of bringing home one or more SBC titles over the next few years. This could be the team that turns the corner and makes FAU a recognizable 1-A program. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

The Youth

Just trying to save some time If I didn't ask you know someone else would. That is awesome though and I believe if we recruit well we should keep from getting hit like last year. Hopefully we can keep enough experience each year to keep momentum. Hey and for the extra work I'll buy you a beer one day.

P.S. I miss O.G. but I will say your carrying this thing on without missing a beat. ;)

Back to the top

The Youth

If we can pick up a star QB we will be golden in the seasons to come... giving current though I hope our young QBs blossom too...
Back to the top

The Youth

Got a star QB aready in Jason Grant. Youll see him this spring.
Back to the top

The Youth

Even Hutton on his web-blog is touting the future success that FAU is going to have.
Back to the top

The Youth

Grant was a walk on at Troy who didnt receive a scholarship offer from any school...im just being objective, but how good can he possibly be???
Back to the top

The Youth

The Youth

Florda Owl, I was his teammate in high school. He did receive scholrshpl offers to one DIA and sveral DIAA schools. The one DI offer was up north. Too far away. He wanted to take a shot at DIA ball. Our high school team ws terrible, mostly the coaching. We only had three wins our senior year. We would have had none if Jason hadnt been there. He didnt get the looks because we were so bad. He wnet to Troy on an academic scholarship.

OG Owl knew Jason since he was in the 7th grade. He saw him in the Hillsbrough County against Orange County All Strs. He rushed for nearly a 100 yards with a 52 yard TD run and threw for about 80 yards with a 62 TD throw. OG was real happy just like me when Jaosn left Troy to come back to Florida and came to FAU.

Ive been to about a practice a week. I know Im biased but its clear to me when I see all the QBs throw, who the best one is. His ball is a spiral and he can trhow short or deep. Theres none of this trhowing in the dirt or overthrowing. Plus he was an option QB in high school and can run. Obviously I dont know anything so we'll just have to wait to see if Im righ tin the Spring.
Back to the top
Control functions: