Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Looking at UMKC

Add topic

We seem to be rated about the same according to Sagarin rankings…they are at 248…we are at 275…which seems a bit of a stretch…not that Sagarin is worth all of that anyway…

Of interesting note, they lost an exhibition game and gave up over 100 points…it appears we should have alot easier time scoring against them…they are NOT nearly as talented as OSU on offense…i sure Hope we pull this one off…it would be a nice road win nonethless…

I did speak to DeAndre Rice at the football game…his suspension has been lifted, but now he said he possibly has an NCAA violation to contend with…NOT GOOD NEWS… :(

Back to the top

Looking at UMKC

Good Luck to the boys tonight.

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

Looking at UMKC

Has anyone seen a line on this game? I cant find one anywhere...they are very slow to post them...
Back to the top

Looking at UMKC

Where can I listen to the game?
Back to the top

Looking at UMKC

www.wjna.com

They changed formats today and now stream live.
Back to the top

Looking at UMKC

Looking at UMKC

I hope they do something about their engineering…the announcer was still on and didnt know it while they were "playing commercials"…then there was a ton of "silent" moments…whats up with that?!

We need Rice back in a hurry…this guy Alarcon may be able to hit in practice…but the announcer was calling him deadly…so far he has been deadly - at helping us lose…he is a combines 4 - 20…most behind the arc…i had my doubts about him given his last year in CC…he may have posted great numbers in highschool, but he didnt do much in CC…and now it is carrying over here at FAU…given we dont have any other option, that performance is magnified…

DeAndre, please come back! :)
Back to the top

Looking at UMKC

I listened to some of the game, and it seems we played well at times, but it seems like depth is killing us right now. We need all of our players back and quickly.
Back to the top

Looking at UMKC

fauowls44 said

I listened to some of the game, and it seems we played well at times, but it seems like depth is killing us right now. We need all of our players back and quickly.

Exactly! And the fact that we have no "true" point guard…i mean Crews can get the ball over the timeline…but when it comes to getting that penetration needed with the new level of play its not there…we need a quick guy who can free up the big man with a double team, etc…

This iwlll all change very soon…Holley will be good to go for the 28th…
Back to the top

Looking at UMKC

Hearing the announcer rip his "engineer" (for running the same commercial back to back, and demanding to be put back live as play restarts) can get old. Can they not figure out how to turn off the live mikes when commercials run?

The announcer is quite good.

Dave Lamont is also good, but someone (anyone?) needs to figure out how to properly rig the mikes and adjust the audio duirng the Schnellenberger show at 7 p.m. Mondays. Howard's voice was way too loud and over-modulated and Lamont could barely be heard, as if his mike was not working at all.

Does anyone at the station notice this and at least try to fix it?

The Webcast sounds good.

Back to the top

Looking at UMKC

I have not heard the Coaches show - yet…but the basketball production is pretty much the same…

Keep in mind this is a fledgling station..they are bound to have some bumps and bruises at the onset…at least they are primarily sports…
Back to the top
Control functions: