Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coker Fired

Just saw on ESPN that Coker has been fired from Miami.
Wonder if this could help our recruiting a bit this year. Maybe not directly to us but the trickle down effect.

A star may now pass on Miami and go to Auburn, Rutgers, etc… and the guy who was originally going to go there may now becoming to us.

I would assume no one would be picking FIU over us with their record and just fired strock.
Back to the top

Coker Fired

FIU may get a very good and exciting coach… recruiting against them will also depend on the normal factors as well. I doubt Coker being fired will have much of a direct effect on our recruiting… their recruits are not (yet) considering between UM and FAU. UM will likely hire a very good and well-known coach to replace Coker.

However, every year FAU becomes more attractive to potential recruits, and for the past few years Miami (and FSU) have not been close to the national title. Our real competition will be UCF, FIU, and, to a lesser degree, USF.

Also, for the first time, our future recruits can truly believe they will be playing on campus during their time here.
Back to the top

Coker Fired

Coker Fired

Thats really something. Coker was interviewed after the win over BC and said rather confidently that he would be back next year.

Good luck! I hear FIU is taking applications!!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Coker Fired

The only thing that could have been more perfect for FAU is if the shovels were in the ground for the new stadium. The BOT really blew this one.
Back to the top

Coker Fired

Exit39 said

Just saw on ESPN that Coker has been fired from Miami.
Wonder if this could help our recruiting a bit this year. Maybe not directly to us but the trickle down effect.

A star may now pass on Miami and go to Auburn, Rutgers, etc… and the guy who was originally going to go there may now becoming to us.

I would assume no one would be picking FIU over us with their record and just fired strock.

On Miami, no one that we have offers out to have an offer or interest in Miami, so probably not…but on the FIU edge…we do have head to head on some offers with them…and i Hope, as you mentioned, the current situation there plays in our favor:

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=445&p=9&c=4&yr=2007

Back to the top

Coker Fired

this is not on the Coker topic but as far as 2007 recruits, I'm really pulling for Tyshawn Anderson from Palatka. Big powerful fullback. I read that he runs over people. A real bruiser. I also read that he knows the FB position is important in the Owls system and that has gotten some of his interest.

Back to the top

Coker Fired

We dont have an offer extended to him…we have only offered one RB scholarship that i know of, Mike Davis…

But, with Sanchez leaving, we definitely need a power FB…

FBs are consistent flat route options…also used in situational plays, and big part of blocking scheme in HS's pro-style offense…
Back to the top

Coker Fired

FAUFBL, I could agree more and as far as I'm concerned the BOT is hurting the growth of the program. That said maybe thats what they are hoping for. The truth will eventually come out about this group and their intentions.

As for recruits what ever happened to (2006 recruits) Dawson and Drummer to big studs that could be utilized in the future?
Back to the top

Coker Fired

Talon said

As for recruits what ever happened to (2006 recruits) Dawson and Drummer to big studs that could be utilized in the future?

They were academically ineligible coming out of HS. I don't know what it takes to get back in good standings in that situation.

Back to the top

Coker Fired

Not likely we would get either of them…they would probably have had to go to Juco, which Howard doesnt take…he prefers freshman and to train them up…plus the weight program and other support isn't there like it is in a four year institution…

FAU recruit Anthony Middleton (TE) was at the game last night in the stands to watch us pound FIU (who has also offered him a scholarship)…the guy behind him asked where he wanted to play, but he pretty much ignored him…i said hello to him and just that i had seen him on FAU scouting sites…he seemed intriuged…his info:

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=445&p=8&c=1&nid=2586677
Back to the top
Control functions: